=•= Chapter 3 =•=

So, fifth day of school.

The cool breeze blew through my black hair as I dragged my feet through the concrete sidewalk. School so far pretty much sucks. How much more it'd be if it were a year.

I passed through the gate, and heard a voice call back.

"JJAAAAAXXXX!" Ethan yelled from behind as I brought up my palm to cover my ears.

"Ethan, I'm less than 5 feet when you shouted." I nagged.

"Sorry," he scratched the back of his neck before taking out an envelope from his pocket. "I'm inviting you to a party after school, you free?"

"Ugh, yeah. Depends on my schedule." I held the envelope in my hand, it won't seem like a high school party with an invitation like this.

"Great!"

"If my dad's cool with it. He doesn't really like the idea of high school parties. If he declines, then I'll just sneak out. What time is it by the way?"

He glanced at his watch. "6:43 AM."

"No, I mean the party."

"Oh, it's at 7:00 PM."

I proceeded to my locker and took out the requirements for Math. I heard whispers echo across the corridor as I turned my head back to see a blonde walking. Her face was caked with make-up, her tan was so bright you had to squint to even look at her, and her uniform looked like it was perfectly ironed and maintained its neat state.

I stared at her walking across the hallway as I reached out for Ethan shoulder.

"Hey, who's the girl?" I asked. I know I look pathetic with this much questions, but curiosity got the best of me.

"She's Claire Wolf. Most popular girl on campus." He said, his face neutral as he dug through his locker full of junk. I pursed my lips together and leaned on the locker.

"Yeah, okay."

After that the school bell rang.

I was walking home after a tiring day at school. For the past week, it's always with the same routine. Go to school late, getting a detention slip, studying my butt off, eating with Ethan, Bailey, and the male version of Dora, and going home. I really hope that they'll let me go to the party. I can't help but sense, that it's going to change something from days of the same mundane high school life to something more.

I opened the door to our house and saw my mother eating popcorn while watching a movie. When she heard the door open she turned around and gave me a smile.

"How was school, Jax?" She asked sweetly.

"Same old, same old." I said, boredom evident in my tone. She just nodded and gestured me to the couch. I reluctantly neared her as she gave me a bone crushing hug, I swore I heard a crack.

"So, I was wondering if I could go to a party later." My voice muffled on her flower print sweater as she released me, giving me time to catch my breath. I looked to see her reaction, her eyes were g-inted with excitement as her hands covered her mouth, as if she's been anticipating this moment for a long time.

"OH MY GOSH! YES, YES YOU CAN GO!" She exclaimed, of course not without a bear hug.

"But, is dad cool with it?"

She shrugged. "He won't notice you're gone. He's on a meeting."

I chuckled at her attitude. Like mother, like son.

I dressed myself in a simple checkered Polo, and denim jeans and slightly applied gel to my hair. Ethan said he'd pick me up, so I waited outside for a few minutes and heard the honking of his car.