Detention (Part One)

Start from the beginning

"So, you didn't make out with fifty two girls?" I asked.

"I think it was actually more than fifty two," he winked at me, scrunching up his face as if recalling some memories. "Yeah, it was definitely more than fifty two."

My mouth hangs open.

"Why?" he asked nonchalantly. "What's wrong?"

"Everything is wrong about it! You exchanged saliva with, like, fifty two – "

"More than fifty two," he corrected.

"You'll likely get AIDS for that!" I blurted. "Or herpes! I read it on some Health book."

He gave me a funny look and rolled his eyes.

"Well, you've probably read it wrong because you don't get AIDS by kissing, idiot!" he said and thumped me on the forehead. "You have to have sex with lots of different girls without protection to get AIDS, Miss Oh-I-Love-Reading-Books-And-That-Makes-Me-A-Big-Nerd. I bet you're still a virgin."

I got up from my chair and lobbed the book from my desk towards him that knocked him down the floor. "You disgusting pig!" I yelled and in a small voice asked, "Why aren't you?"

"What do you think?" he challenged as he lied like some magazine model sprawled on the floor with no intentions of getting back up.

I gasped, my eyes popping. Rolling his eyes, he chucked the book back at me hitting me square in the face. I toppled backwards into my desk as he tutted, "Geez, you are gullible."

He was grinning in a sinister way when I finally regained my composure. His eyes were fixed lower than they were supposed to.

"Do you mind?" he said, looking away and trying hard not to laugh. "The view is amazing but kind of disturbing at the same time. I can see inside your skirt."

Gasping, I quickly swung my legs off the desk and straightened my skirt into place. How many more times do I have to lose my dignity in one day?

Harry wandered away back into his seat and leaned over the window, whistling a merry tune. I was eyeing him with contempt as I settled back down on my chair, wishing so bad he'd topple over and fall.

"While we're stuck in here for a while, what's your name?"

I stared at him skeptically. "It's none of your business."

"So, you'd rather keep it confidential. Fine, I'll call you 'idiot', then," he grinned.

"Fine, my name's Perry," I told him reluctantly while gritting my teeth. "Perry Anne."

"Well, well, the idiot has a name," he said. "Come over here, Perry."

"I'm not a dog so don't tell me what to do," I told him. "And we're not even supposed to get up or move from our chairs."

Harry glanced at Mr. Henderson. "That guy won't budge even if the whole school's on fire."

Annoyed, I turned away. But Harry was a stubborn guy so he reached out a long arm and pulled my desk closer towards him. The chair screeched across the floor, almost making my ears fall off. I was afraid it would wake Mr. Henderson.

Harry was right. That guy wouldn't even realize that the school's set on fire even with the alarms blaring.

"What do you think you're doing?" I hissed.

"No, what do you think you were doing?"

"I didn't do anything," I blinked blankly.

He gave me a deadpan expression and pointed down at his (used to be) crisp, white shirt that had a stain on the middle down his front. He'd tried his best to wipe it off so now it looked like some puke stain. I blinked and looked away, not sure whether to pity him or laugh at him.