Chapter 12

*Noah POV*

Why do we never have any food in the fridge? I sigh and I settle with a beer, as that is the only option. No wonder people who go to college put on weight. You have to eat take outs every day and you live off alcohol for 4 years. Good job I like running, otherwise I would be huge.

Crash!

My head whips towards the sound, and it’s coming from the mini corridor. It isn’t Jason, as he’s currently sleeping on the sofa. So, who is it? I hear some footsteps so I cautiously put down my beer and grab the huge pepper shaker next to me, and I slowly make my way towards the corridor.

I hear some more sounds and ruffles, and it sounds like it’s coming from the bathroom. Ok Noah, remember all your training. You will have an advantage if your attack is a surprise.

I walk to the door quietly, and I lift the shaker, ready to make a move. I burst in loudly, waving the pepper everywhere. But my attack is put off, when I step on something sharp. Really sharp.

“Scheiße!” I exclaim, examining my foot. Blood is pouring out, and a small piece of glass is stuck in the arch of my foot.

“Noah?! I’m so sorry, are you ok?”

I look up, to see Ella holding a dustpan and brush, looking at me completely shocked.

“What were you doing?” we both ask in unison. “You first” I say, sitting down on the edge of the bath tub.

“Well, I went to the bathroom, and I accidentally knocked over this vase. I was just about to clear it up but you…”

“Yeah, I get it” I finish for her, pulling out the glass. It is very small, so it isn’t too painful. “Sorry if I scared you”

“Scared me? Yeah right. What were you doing? And, why are you holding a pepper shaker?” she asks, confusion written all over her face.

“Oh, well I heard something in the bathroom crash, and I didn’t know you were here. I thought you were like an intruder or something. I didn’t know who it was, so I grabbed the pepper shaker, and I…”

“Really? You were going to use the pepper shaker as a weapon?” she asks amused.

“Hey, pepper is very painful in your eye. Besides, I could have knocked someone out with this” I protest, my fist knocking on the hard wooden shaker.

“Ok, whatever. Is your foot ok?”

“Yeah, I just need it bandage it up” I answer, getting out the plasters.

“Ok. I’m really sorry I broke this” Ella says, pointing at the vase. “I’ll clear it up”

“That’s not necessary” I start, but she interrupts me.

“Honestly, its nothing. I break you vase and I hurt your foot. The least I can do is clear it up” she says sweeping the broken vase into the dustpan.

“Thanks” I say, sticking the plaster on my wound. She nods, and continues to clean.

“Oh, and Noah? Scheiße? Really?” she asks, grinning. “I know your fluent but…”

“Hey, don’t make fun of me. Believe it or not, that was my first ever word” I say.

“What? Your first ever word, was shit?” she asks.

“What can I say, I’m awesome like that” I answer, clearing up the plaster wrappers.

“If you’re awesome, then you can you promise me something?” she asks me.

“Depends on what is it”

“Noah, I’m serious” she says.

“Ok, ok. I’m serious too. What is it?” I ask.

“Promise me you won’t hurt Els. I don’t know what’s going on with you two, and I’m honestly happy for her, she’s been much better lately. But I don’t want her to get hurt” she says seriously. I look at her, and I sigh.

I don’t want to hurt Els. She’s different, and I get along with her so well, I’m almost scared of being around her. But, if she turns out to be Eleanor Parkinson, I don’t know if I have a choice or not. It’s kind of typical isn’t it? The girl I like, might be the girl I have to kill. So cliché.

“Trust me Ella. I have no intention of hurting her” I answer honestly. I hope with everything I have she isn’t Eleanor Parkinson. Although, if that’s true, that would mean Ella would be Eleanor Parkinson. Ugh! Why does this have to be so complicated?

“Ok, good” she answers, convinced. We walk out to the sitting room, where Jason is waking up.

“Hey guys. What time is it?” he asks, yawning.

“It’s 6” I answer. He nods, and looks at Ella.

“Do you fancy eating with us?” he asks, sitting up.

“That’s alright. I was just leaving” Ella answers.

“Already?” Jason asks.

“Yeah, Els and Lydia should be finished soon. I should go meet them” she answers. Those three are close. I wish I have friends like that.

“Um, ok. I’ll see you around” Jason says, giving her a small hug.

“Yeah, me too” I say, giving her a small wave. She waves back, before leaving.

“What were you guys talking about?” Jason asks, as soon as the door shuts.

“Just stuff. Nothing important”

“Did she say anything about me?” he asks hopefully.

“No, sorry man” I answer, walking past him to the counter. I pick up my beer, and go to my room.

“Oh, ok man” Jason answers. I can hear the disappointment in his voice, and I feel sorry for him. Although I don’t think he needs to feel that way. I am pretty certain Ella likes him.

I relax on my bed, not bothered enough to do anything. I guess I’ll be spending Saturday night alone.

><><><><><

Btw: the word scheiβer is a swear word in German (incase you didnt know *cough* Clarissa *cough*), and is pronounced as schei-zer. It can also be spelt as scheisser

Thanks Clarissa for helping me edit!!!!