Chapter 2

*Jason POV*

Wow. One word to describe this college. Huge. There are 8 buildings in a square, 2 buildings on each side with all entrances faced in. There are paths leading out of the college between every building. The centre of the square has a huge eating area, and a large statue with a man who’s apparently famous. Greenery and plants fill all empty spaces. I walk through the crowd, gaining a few impressed looks by some girls as I pass. I wonder around for a few minutes, choosing where to go. I look around confused, before accidently bumping into someone.

“Oh, I’m so sorry” I say, still stumbling a little. I grab her shoulder for stability, and the girl screams.

“Get off me! Stop harassing me!” she yells, screaming between her sentences.

“I’m not harassing you!” I say, letting go. “I’m not harassing you, I just fell. I’m sorry”

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t realise, that’s embarrassing. And awkward” she says, looking down, and slowly backing away.

“Wait!” I call, before she leaves. “I’m new, where do I go?”

“Go to that big building ahead” she says, pointing in front of me. “There should be an office to your right, with an old woman working in there. She’ll tell you what to do” she finishes.

“Thanks” I say. “I’m Jason”

“Eloise” she answers, before walking away quickly. Eloise huh? Very close to the name Eleanor. She could be her. Except for the fact that she looks nothing like the photo. At all. This girl has ginger hair, freckles, and is probably 100lbs heavier than Eleanor’s supposed weight. Unless… she is wearing a fat suit?

Ok, you’ve lost it Jason. That is not a fat suit, just lots of flab. Stop being an idiot. Get over it.

I pick up my bags, and walk towards the building. The building is massive. It has to be at least a 15 floor high building. Inside’s a grand foyer, with some pool tables, and a mini café to the left. I go into the office, and an old woman is typing on her computer.

“Hi” I say. She looks up and smiles immediately.

“Hello young man, how can I assist you?” she asks sweetly.

“I’m new, my name is Jason Clark, and I…” I start.

“You’re Jason Clark. Oh, oh my” she says, rushing to the door and closing it. “You’re the boy from the CIA right?” she asks. I look back at her confused at how she knows this, and she laughs.

“Your head of department, Danny told me everything. I hope your assignment goes well” she says. I look at her suspiciously, and she gives me a reassured look.

“Don’t worry Jason. I promise I won’t mention anything about you being in the CIA. I took an oath to not mention anything when I found out about Danny” she says.

“How do you know Danny?” I ask, still not completely trusting her. If she knew Danny, how comes he didn’t mention her when he gave me the assignment?

“He’s like family to me” she says, going into her draws, and picking out a key and a map. “And you have to believe me when I say I won’t say anything. If I do say something, I would probably be killed, and trust me when I tell you, I have no intention of dying” she says, handing me the key and map.

“This is your key for your room, Rm 746 on the 7th floor. And this is a map which has a timetable on the back, which tells you when all of the classes are. As you have already chosen the subjects music and chemistry, you simply choose which lectures you want to go to. There are 2 sessions of each subject every day, each with different teachers, and you have to attend from 4-10 lectures a week. You can go whenever you are free. Have fun, and welcome to James Grove” she says, before sitting down and typing again.