Chapter 3

*Noah POV*

“Hi everyone, welcome to this German lecture. My name Johanna” the German professor says, writing her name on a board. “Not Yo-anna, Jo-anna or even Jo-hanna. It’s pronounced as Yo-hanna”

I get out a folder to start writing down notes. The lecture is all about grammar, and sentence structure. Easy.

I sit back in my chair and relax. I have an hour to sit either, a) observe people and not be a stalker or b) sleep. A girl then pulls out the chair next to mine and sits down, and quickly gets out a ring binder. She has long blonde hair pulled into a ponytail. Out of habit, my eyes flicker over to look at her. I squint at the marker pen words emblazoned on the front. ELLA PARK.

Ella Park? That’s basically Eleanor Parkinson shortened. I look at her closely, trying to compare her with the rubbish picture of Eleanor Parkinson I own.

“Are you alright?” she asks, and I realise I’ve just been staring. Her eyes become even bigger than before, and I realise that they aren’t blue, like Eleanor’s supposedly are. Contacts maybe? But her eyes are so unique that they can’t be fake. Her light brown eyes have patches of darker brown in various places, and she has a slight golden colour when they reflect the light.

“Yeh, I’m fine. Sorry for staring at you like that” I answer, disappointed. I’m not sure why I’m disappointed. I can’t just expect the first girl I meet to be Eleanor, and I knew that before I came, but it’s actually kicked in now I’ve experienced it.

“It’s fine. I was actually quite flattered” she answers, smiling. I smile back unintentionally.

The lecture goes by pretty quickly. I spend the whole time talking to Ella, who kept making fun of Johanna’s, I mean Yo-hanna’s accent.

After the lecture I decide to go for a run, and so go back to the room to change. It shouldn’t be natural for a secret assassin to be lankier than his normal roommate. I’m going to have to up my training, so going for a run will put myself in the mind set. Once outside, I choose a random path. As I start to run, I realise I don’t have a clue where to go. I look back at the college, and I take in how high the buildings are. I should easily be able to see the buildings anywhere in town.

My thoughts are then interrupted when I crash into someone, knocking us both to the ground. Ow! That actually hurt. What is this dude made out of? I look ahead, and my eyes face…

A girl? She has blonde hair, tied back into a bun, but her hair is so out of control, it’s basically flying out of the elastic band. She has bright blue eyes that has so much energy in them, she looks almost crazy.

“I’m so sorry, are you ok?” she asks, jumping to her feet, and helping me up.

“I’m fine” I answer. She smiles, and I didn’t think anyone’s face could look bubblier than hers did right now.

“Good, you wouldn’t want to be known as the guy who got knocked over by a girl would you?” she answers, her eyes shining.

“Whatever” I say, putting my hands in my pockets and looking away. She laughs, and her laugh surprises me. For such a sweet bubbly girl, her laugh is deep and it sounds held back and mature.

“I’m Eleanor, but my friends call me Els. You?” she asks. Eleanor huh? This whole thing just seems too easy. Should I be finding this many Ella’s and Eleanor’s after 2 days? It seems a bit suspicious, but I let it go for the time being.

“Noah, it’s nice to meet you” I reply, smiling at her. She smiles back.

“So… do you go to college or something?” I ask.

“I do, I go to James Grove” she answers, beaming. James Grove – another coincidence?

“Me too” I answer. “Haven’t seen you around before” I say.

“Well, I’m not surprised, I am one out 6000 students” she answers, trying to fix her hair. “Do you run this way every day? Because I do too, so we could always meet up. I’m kind of sick of running by myself” she says.

“Sure, we could meet in front of that statue of that dude” I suggest.

“Yeah, that dude” she agrees.

“Who is he?” I ask.

“I don’t have a clue” she replies, and we both chuckle.

“How comes you don’t ask your friends to run with you? Not that I’m complaining” I ask.

“I only have two good friends here, and they would rather go to the gym than run around” she answers, shrugging her shoulders. “But sometimes I’m forced to go to the gym by my friends. That’s where I got all this muscle” she says, flexing her arms.

Are you serious? This sweet, bubbly girl has more muscle than me? A secret assassin. This is just sad. I really need to go to gym and gain some muscle. I then hear my phone ring so I pick it up.

“Hello?” I ask, looking at Els awkwardly. She smiles, gets out a black marker and starts writing what feels like numbers, on my forehead. She signals that she has to go and to call her before running off in the opposite direction to the college. I rub lightly on my forehead, but the pen must have already dried, as no ink smudges on my hand. Great. Just what I need.

“Noah, it’s Manny. I have some information that you need to know” Manny says.

“Ok, shoot” I reply, running to a more private area than the middle of a park.

“We caught some footage of Eleanor running away. It was very bad footage, and it wasn’t clear, but we got one thing for definite” Manny says.

“Ok, what?” I ask, curious.

“There were two other people with her” Manny answers. “And we did some research, and it turns out, two agents from the CIA just happen to take a vacation on the week she left” Manny answers. I grow nervous. She was being protected by agents? As in plural? This definitely complicated things now.

“Do we know who they are?” I ask.

"We only managed to get one of their faces to scan, we couldn’t get the other" Manny answers.

"Ok... do we know his name?" I ask.

"Her" Manny emphasised. "Her name, is Olivia Varness"

<><><><>

Hi!! CHAPTER 3 IS UP!!!! (yay) I hope y'all enjoying the books. Can you guess which one is Eleanor? xx

Actress for Eleanor Parkinson --->