Camila paused, the banana almost touching her mouth. "A man?"

Sinu nodded.

Camila took a bite of the fruit and chewed slowly before swallowing. "Anyone I know?" she asked, trying her hardest to act indifferent.

Her mother's cheeks colored and she glanced down at the counter, mumbling incoherently.

"What was that?"

Sinu sighed, still not meeting Camila's eyes. "Alejandro."

"Alejandro?" Camila's eyes widened. "Bookstore Alejandro? That Alejandro?"

"Yes, Camila. That Alejandro." She glanced up, her gaze uncertain. "Is that a problem?"

Camila bit back a smile and shook her head. She'd always adored Alejandro.

"Okay." Sinu nodded and continued unpacking the books. "I bought you a frozen pizza to make for dinner since my class starts at five tonight. You can have Michael over if you want."

"Michael's over at Ashton's tonight." She rolled her eyes. "Some sort of 'project.' Though I'm highly suspicious he's joining that crappy band again."

Sinu snorted, knowing exactly just how crappy Ashton's band truly was. "Lauren perhaps?"

Camila shrugged. "Maybe."

"Okay, baby." She walked around the island, kissed Camila on the head, and started toward the front hall to go upstairs. "I need to go get ready since I'm meeting Lauren early to set up for the class."

"Do you want me to help?" Camila hopped off the stool.

"No." Sinu gave her a small smile. "You've had a long day, what with school just starting and all. Stay home. Relax."

Camila smiled and nodded, watching as her mother disappeared from the room.

An hour later, Camila had preheated the oven and was bent over it, sliding the pizza in as Sinu came back down stairs. Camila turned around and gasped.

"What?" Sinu froze, her hand halfway inside her purse.

"Nothing. You just—" Camila's eyes traveled over her mother, noting the flowing yellow skirt and white sleeveless camisole top. Her hair brushed her shoulders in soft, flowing curls. "You look really nice."

Sinu smiled and reached out to pat Camila's cheek. "Thank you." She turned and continued pawing through her purse. "Did you find someone to come keep you company?"

"No. I think I'm just going to hang out by myself."