Chapter 21: Where to First?

Ariana's P.O.V

"Where to first?" Justin said looking at me. "Well I haven't eaten yet." I said biting my lip. "Alright..What sounds good to you? Burg-" I cut him off. "Justin sorry to burst you bubble, but I'm kind of vegan..." I trailed off.

"Oh okay, I know where to go then, I can work with that." He smiled and drove out onto the street. That made me relax a little bit, usually people judge me for being the way I am, but this is how I feel most comfortable about myself. "Thanks for not making a big scene, about what I eat."I said.

"Your welcome, but why would I make a big deal about how you eat?"He glanced over. "Because some people don't know how to react to certain things." I said. "Well I'm not one of those people, as long as your happy that's all that matters." I smiled while looking at the road.

"Does the 'Greenleaf Gourmet Chop shop' sound good?" Justin asked as we started to approach it. "Yeah let's try it." I nodded at him.

We walked inside and heads turned at us. I saw a couple girls whip out their phones, and giggle at each other. The hostess asked us if we needed a private area.

Justin looked to see if it was okay, I nodded showing that it was fine. The lady walked us to a little booth towards the back of the shop. We sat down and gave us the menus, "Your server will be right with you." The hostess said.

"Thank you." I said with a smile. I looked at the menu and everything sound so good. I was having a hard time deciding.

"What are you getting?" Justin said not breaking his eyes from the menu. "I can't choose between the protein scramble or the French toast." I said biting my lip.

"Hmm...How about I get one thing and you get the other and we can try both out? Justin suggested. "Okay." I said looking at him.

The waitress approached our table and asked us what we would like to drink. Justin looked at me, "Um, I would like to try the 'Nice Melons'." I smiled at her then looked at Justin. "Okay..and your sir?" She said facing Justin. "I'll have lemonade please." "Just the lemonade or the fat burning lemonade?" She asked. "Justin the lemonade." He smiled.

"Okay and are you ready to order as well?" The waitress looked at both of us. Justin responded with a 'Yes' and told her the order, then she took the menus and walked away.

"Okay Ari..What would you like to do first on your list?" Justin asked leaning back in the chair. "I really don't know Justin." I said still trying to think.

"Do you want to go to Santa Monica and walk on the pier, maybe even go on the Walk of Fame?" He suggested to me. "The pier sounds nice." "Okay then we will go there after." He smiled at me and then looked around.

After 20 minutes our food came and I was excited to try this French toast. I cut off a piece and ate it, it was like all the flavor that was in the toast just spilled all into my mouth.

I looked at Justin and pointed to my food, seeing if he still wanted to try. He raised his eyebrows and pushed his plate towards me and we swapped plates and tried a piece of each other's meals.

"Ari, this is something else." He said with a mouthful of toast in his mouth. I just let out a little laugh. I was already having a good time with him, it felt like a date even though it wasn't meant to be one.

The waitress checked on us a couple times and when she came around again Justin asked for the check. The total was about $30 some dollars. I tried to pay for my half, but Justin wouldn't let me.