I weakly tried to pull away from his grip. "Wait."

Before we could actually enter the room someone grabbed my forearm, pulling me away from the guy.

"What are you doing?"

I turned to the guy who grabbed my wrist to figure out it was Grant. He had a concerned look on his face but he also looked kind of...angry?

"Hey, man," the guy who I was dancing with stepped up to Grant which caused him to pull me beside him, putting more distance between me and the guy. "what do you think you're doing?"

Grant spoke with more confidence than I expected. "Getting her away from you."

"What are you? A cock block?" and then he pushed his chest.

Grant stumbled back a bit because this guy was way bigger than Grant.

He regained his composure, giving the guy a sarcastic smile. "If protecting my friend from doing something she would most definitely regret in the morning is cock blocking then yes, I'm a major cock block."

The guy clenched his jaw and for a second I thought he was about to punch him but instead he said, "Whatever, I can find me another girl."

And then he walked away.

I looked up at Grant and for some reason, I got angry. What's it to him if I hooked up with a random guy? I wasn't going to but still.

I glared at him, stumbling into the wall. He tried to help me but I put my hand up, stopping him. "Don't touch me."

He looked hurt and confused. "What are you talking about? I just saved you from-"

I interrupted him. "Saved me from what? It's not like you care."

He scrunched his eyebrows. "What? Yes, I do care. That's why I stopped you from going into that room with that guy."

I crossed my arms. "Then who was that girl?"

If it was possible his face became even more confused. "What girl? And what does a girl have to do with this situation?"

I held a hand to my forehead, feeling a headache coming on. "Nevermind, it doesn't matter."

I started to walk away to get away from him because I felt like I was suffocating standing next to him but he stopped me. "I think you need to go home. You don't look to good."

I ignored his statement but asked him a question. "How does it feel to be at your first party?"

He shrugged, uncomfortably. "I mean, it's okay-"

"Why didn't you invite that girl?"

I wish I could stop myself from talking but my mouth had a mind of its own at this point.

He sighed. "I don't know what girl you're talking about, Julianne."

I threw my hands up in exasperation, frustration taking over me. "The one that was at your locker the other day! You know, the one you were hugging really tightly."

He thought for a second and then it seemed to click. "Marie?"

I scoffed. "So, that's her name?" I began to walk away again but he grabbed my wrist.

"Wait," he exclaimed, "are...are you jealous?"

"So what if I am?" Oh god, my sober self would hate me so much right now.

A small smile appeared on his face. "Julianne, that's my cousin."

Everything seemed to stop and I could just feel the blood rushing to my cheeks from embarrassment. But next thing you know I feel a gargling feeling in my stomach and I'm pushing past people, rushing to the nearest bathroom.