I always try my hardest when it comes to doing something I am passionate for. Such as school or even everyday things such as cleaning, cooking, and even doing homework. Most importantly during dance or singing practice, I give it my all. Whenever I have free time I practice, day and night. My family and friends started saying that I wasn't looking too good, or I was losing weight too fast. I ended up taking it so far to the point I would pass out at random times, even during interviews for jobs or schools. It was awful.
I end up ranting a lot when I get nervous, really nervous. My voice shakes and it looks like I'm going to cry. Blood rushes up to my cheeks and envelopes my body in a warm frenzy, making me even more nervous. Sitting on this flight makes me really nervous. I'm leaving my home country, I mean, I am going to be homesick at first but I will get used to it as time goes on. Anong is sitting next to me listening to Yiruma with her headphones in, while reading a book she's currently on. It's in Japanese so I had no clue exactly what she was reading, I only got few words here and there such as crane, feathers, elderly, one, and some phrases like 'That night while the snow fell violently' or 'keeping the promise at first... plucked its own feathers'. It was obviously about a bird but it had a meaning to it, and that I had no clue of. I got a look at the cover of the book, questioning what the title of this profound story was. On the cover was a woman with black hair and pale skin, wearing a pink and red traditional dress with the words 'Crane's Return of a Favour' in bolded black Kanji characters.
I looked forward getting tired as each minute passed, the burden of my eyelids were becoming a pain to keep open. Slowly my vision started to become more blurred by the second and soon found myself being consumed by darkness, not a speck of light in my vision.

There was a tunnel as dark as Raven feathers. I kept running for some unknown reason, not even knowing what or who from but it didn't feel good. My lungs were on fire and my legs felt as if they were gonna fall off and leave the other part of me behind. You know how usually there's that little light at the end of the tunnel? Yeah, well, this was not in my case. There wasn't even a speck of light, not even an ounce of shimmering walls or even glittering water on the ground.

The air was chilly and the cold nipped at my face, arms, and neck, telling me it wasn't going to get warm anytime soon. I kept on going no matter how much I hurt, no matter how tired I was. I had to keep going or else something would happen. I was on the brink of collapse when I heard a voice. It sounded vague although familiar. I ran towards the voice on the verge of tears, my breath hitching in my throat when I came to a halt and involuntarily fell to my knees. What was infront of me? I couldn't breathe, nor tear my eyes away from the scene. It was a mirror image of myself, blood spilling out of my mouth and a gaping hole in my chest where my heart should be. Kneeling by my right side was a monster like creature. It was a black mass, it's body contoured like a beast's, and had a red and yellow eye. It was breathing heavily and started smelling the air before looking straight into my soul.
What did it want from me? I had no clue. I tried getting up but fell back and landed on my tailbone, making me gasp in pain. Tears started rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably, as the monster started walking forward, towards me. It began getting closer with every inch I moved back. My vision began to blur until I saw a glowing light as the monster began to change into what looked like a boy. A boy? What? How? A million thoughts very similar started running through my mind. Suddenly I heard a voice "It's fine, now Hatai," wait, how did he know my name? Who is this guy? He continued through clenched teeth, venom clearly in his once angelic voice, "Everything. Is. Going. To. Be. Alright." I started trembling till he pushed my back to the ground and straddled me, holding my arms above my head with only one of his hands. His other hand had something gleaming and seemed to catch light on the metal part. Oh no. He raised his arm above his head and screamed as it came down on me, an inch away before light flooded my eyes.

"Oh my god, Hatai!? Are you okay!? What happened!?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Anong was hugging me from my right side, comforting me. She was a really caring person, just like a mother. She'd make a great mother one day, I found myself thinking at her soothing touch.
I had no idea how to explain the dream I had to her, so instead I said, "Just a dream of my past." Yes Hatai, nice work! I high fived myself in my head while shaking from the tight grasp she had on me. I looked around and noticed we were the last ones on the plane, the emptiness making me feel sorry for keeping others waiting. She didn't even bother to wake me up when the flight landed, how rude.

Anong slowly nodded her head in knowing of what had happened, and let the subject go. She got up, grabbing both of our bags out of the compartment above our heads before smiling at me, handing me my bag as she helped me stand up. I wiped my face only to feel it was wet. Stupid dream. I gave her my best smile back, in hopes she would buy my fake at being fine. We walked towards the exit and before we stepped out of the plane I stopped and thought for a moment before walking forward. There's no one to stop me now.

A/N: Hey everybody! I hope you enjoyed! This is my first story that I have ever published and will continue working on the story. Let me know what you thought of it, bye!