Close and Personal

It was late at night and everyone had gone to bed but, I found myself restless. Sleep just wouldn't come to me. I was practicing my knife throwing when I heard thw sound of feet against the concrete floor. I quickly hid behind a pillar and waited until the footsteps were close. Then I came out from behind the and attacked the mystery person.

I kicked them in the ribs and punched them in their gut. I couldn't see their face in the darkness so, I kicked them in their crotch area. When they groaned and dropped to the ground in pain I grabbed their hair and held my knife to their throat. "Any last words?" I tauntingly asked. "It's. ..Brian.."

I gasped and immediately let him go. I helped him up and walked him over to the couch. "Brian I'm so sorry! Please forgive me I didn't know. I...you...I..." I covered my face in my hands out of disappointment. "It's fine Lucy. I'm glad to know that you have some skills. That could come in useful." He winked at me and I stopped peeking through my hands and put them around the beer bottle that he had handed me.

"Dom is a good friend of mine, he's more than a friend actually. He's family. He took me in even after he found out I worked for the FBI. He's saved my life so many times I can't even count it." I giggled and shook my head. Brian took a swig of his beer and said "What? Its not my fault I'm impulsive." He smiled and we sat there in a comfortable silence. I started throwing my knives again and Brian watched me with curious eyes.

"Dom's been through a lot. After Letti died he...he wanted revenge. He killed everyone that had anything to do with her murder. He may look like a tough guy but, he's a big softie on the inside. He loves his family, he would sacrifice his life for family. Dom is one of the most humble and honest men I've ever known. If I knew my father, I'd want him to be like Dom. Maybe I would've turned out better..."

He mumbled the last part but, I still heard it. I couldn't believe that Brian thought he turned out bad. He is one of the most genuine people I've ever met. And loves Mia and joined this lifestyle to be with her, and how he just embraced this life with no regrets, Brian turned out to be an amazing guy. His dad's an idiot for not sticking around.

I told Brian how I felt about him and I could see tears start to well up in his eyes. "Thank you, that really means a lot to me. But I didn't tell you all of this so that you could ease my nighttime thoughts. I told you this because you're family now and we don't turn our back on family. So if you have any doubts you need to leave. Because I can't stand back and watch Dom be hurt and betrayed by his family. Not again."

"I wouldn't do that to him, or any of you. I want to be here, I need to be here. After everything in my past..I need to see justice." Brian nodded and we both took swigs of our beer. "What happens when the job is done? Are you just going to leave and return to your normal life? As if we don't exist? I know we just met but, there's something about you that Dom really likes. I think you should consider sticking around for awhile once the jobs over."

He got up throw away his beer and go back to Mia, who was finally getting a good nights rest after two straight nights of vomiting and getting zero sleep. I guess that's what pregnancy will do to you. "Brian, wait!" He turned to me, and I stared into those enticing green eyes. I swear if he wasn't with Mia and happily married it would be on like donkey Kong. "How do you know Dom likes me? Has he uh, has he said anything?" My cheeks started to get flushed just thinking about Dom.

I used my hair to hide my bright red cheeks. Brian smirked at me and said "Maybe, or maybe I just know Dom." He winked at me for the second time tonight and walked off chuckling at the exasperated look on my face. "How can you just say something like that and walk away?! I need details Brian!" My yelling was useless though because he had already walked away into the darkness of the warehouse.

I sighed and thought about Dom. There was something about him that attracted me but, I'm here strictly for business. To kill my father. I can't get involved with anyone, it'll only be a distraction. No matter how attractive he is I refuse to develop feelings. Absolutely refuse. I'm putting my foot down.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The next morning I could feel someone shaking my body like a ragdoll but, I still refused to open my eyes. I just want to sleep. Maybe if I just lay here they'll get the hint.

"Lucy I swear if you don't wake up right now you will regret it." My breathing picked up when I realized that it was Dom who had been shaking me for about five minutes. I quickly opened my eyes and started to smooth out my hair. My breath hitched when I realized that Dom was hovering over top of me. His brown eyes looking into mine.

He pressed his body closer to mine, making butterflies erupt in my stomach and tingles and sparks fly in my lower region. He leaned down and whispered in my ear "Good choice, I was about to get the bucket of water." Before I could say anything he was off of me and heading out the door. "Oh, and the rest of the teams coming today. Be ready in twenty."

I opened my mouth to speak but, nothing came out. I was still feeling the effects from when his body was pressed against mine. By the time my body had fully recovered from my personal encounter with Dom some of the team was starting to show up. I walked in to two guys bickering and snickered. They were hilarious, I could tell I was going to have a good time with them around. I was standing off in the corner so that no one could see or hear me.

The next person to pull up was a tall, and tan supermodel with long brunette hair. She was on a black motorbike. One of the guys decided to be flirty and said "Sexy legs baby, what time do they open?" I rolled my eyes at his attempt of a pick up line. If he's ever gotten laid using that line then he must only sleep with easy bimbos.

She had pulled out her gun and held it at his throat. "They open the same time I pull this trigger. Do you want me to open them?" Before the unsuccessful flirt could thoroughly pee his pants an asian guy and two hispanic guys walked in. Everyone was scoping eachother out and I found it intriguing. How could Dom just call these people saying he needed help and they were so willing to stop their lives and help him out.

I guess family really is everything.

Memories of my family played in my head and a few tears fell from my eyes. I quickly wiped them away when I heard Dom speaking.

"Great you're all here. We can get started." I saw the supermodel walk up to him and wrap her arms around his neck. "You know Dom, when you called me here I thought it'd be for something other than business." All the guys wolf whistled while I rolled my eyes.

She's not that cute..

I decided to leave my place in the shadows and join the group. My heels clacked along the cement and I could feel all the guys in the room watching my swaying hips.

I smirked and said "So Dom, are you going to tell everyone why they're here?" I bit my lip and flipped my hair before walking up to the table and bending over it to study the blueprints.

I heard someone wolf whistle before everyone gathered around me at the table.

"Antonio Reyes is in charge down here. I mean he runs the drug scene. Ten cash houses spread all across Rio." Dom smiled and said "Yeah, and we're gonna hit them all."

"You can't do that! It's a suicide mission."

"Yeah man, once you hit one he's going to do everything he can to protect the rest."

I turned towards the Asian guy who spoke and said "Exactly."

The guy whose name I think is Roman rolled his eyes and said "Look Dom, I thought you called us here for business? This sounds personal to me, and I don't do personal."

Dom laughed and said "So what we're talking about is a hundred million dollars." "A hundred, hundred million? Y'all know I was just kidding right? Ya know I like to joke around."

"Yeah, Rome we know." Brian said while rolling his eyes.

"So what's next?" I asked while looking at Dom.

"We hit the cash houses. I hope no one's afraid of fire." I smirked and headed towards one of the cars in the garage. "I'll drive."