She Isn't Coming Back Here Thinking She Can Start Where She Left Off

Alanna's POV

I woke up on Monday morning to the sound of my phone ringing. I reached under my pillow and grabbed my phone before answering.

"Hello." I answered, tiredly. I heard chuckling on the other side of the line.

"Im glad to see you're awake, babe." I heard John say. I closed my eyes slowly.

"You can't see me John." I said, rolling my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

"You know what forget I said that. Anyways come outside I have a surprise for you." He said.

"John what did I tell you. I told you no surprises or gifts for my birthday. All I need is my family and friends." I said, sternly. And to think I told him this yesterday and he forgot so quickly.

"And I said I don't care what you say because me and the girls got you something already so come outside." John said. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going." I said, sitting up. I hung up and got up, not bothering to slip any shoes on.

I walked down the stairs and to the front door. As I got outside I saw a very expensive looking Hybrid Escalade, coming into the front. It had a bright pink bow on the hood which made my mouth drop open even farther.

The car stopped just a few feet away from the bottom of the steps. I walked down a few steps when John came out of the car.

"John? What'd you do?" I asked in shock. He just had that stupid yet adorable grin on his face.

"Well, the girls and I went shopping the other day when we passed by this." John smiled. I just shook my head.

"I would've been fine with nothing John you didn't have to go and spend close to a hundred thousand dollars on me." I said. I walked down the rest of the stairs and smiled at him, trying to hide the tears that were starting to form in my eyes.

"Come here. Why are you going to cry?" He asked, opening his arms to me. I jumped in his arms.

"You're so amazing I can't handle it sometimes. What did I do to deserve someone as great as you?" I smiled up at him. He chuckled, wiping away the few tears that rolled down my cheeks.

"Nothing because you deserve the best." He smiled," Stop crying baby. You should be happy on your birthday."

"Johnny! You weren't suppose to show mommy until we woke up!" I turned around and saw Lilly standing there with her arms crossed and tapping her foot with a mad look on her face. Ali looked over at Lilly and tried to perform the exact same pose but instead of acting serious she started giggling.

"Sorry, spider monkey you can give her the other gift later." John told her. Her face lit up and she nodded.

"There's more?" I asked.

"Oh way more. This is just the beginning." John said.

"I don't know if I'll hate you or love you by the end of this day." I said, sticking out my lower lip. I didn't like when people showered me with gifts. The only thing I wanted was to spend time with the people closest to me.

"Put that lip away and go get ready, we're going out to breakfast." He said, placing me down. Wow I forgot I was in his arms. I ran to John's room and unzipped my luggage, looking for something to wear.

I stripped of my shirt and shorts replacing it with a flowery dress that ended a few inches above my knees.

Just right now it was an amazing start to my birthday. I couldn't help but smile, knowing the rest of the day was going to be amazing.