Chapter 10: Telling Justin

I was left alone in my room thinking about what happened because all in all, I haven't got any clue what Paul and Faith meant. I wanted to call Faith again but when she didn't answer my first call, I just hid my phone under my pillow and began wondering about what Paul said and what reaction I saw from Faith. 

Tears were forming in the corner of my eyes now and then because I was afraid that our friendship could end bad and because I hurt her. I've gotten this feeling since the start but they didn't agree with me that this wasn't a good idea. I tried to tell Faith that I had a bad feeling about this but she was too busy focusing her jealousy on Trixie. 

Knock. Knock. 

I sniffed and rubbed my nose. I stood up and looked at my face in the mirror while I passed it and opened the door. 

"Justin? Hey, I forgot you're coming," I half-smiled as I let him in. 

"You okay?"he said raising his brows obviosly curious about my weary looks. 

I just nodded and looked down on what he's carrying. 

"Oh yeah, here's the replacementS," he emphasized that he brought more than what he ate. 

I took the plastic bag from his hand and looked inside it excitedly. 

"Just in the nick of time. I really need these to-" I sighed. 

"de-stress?" he continued and I nodded. 

"Anything happened between you and Paul?" he was trying to guess. 

"...And Faith," I looked down and forced out a smile then walked to thr couch and he folllowed. 

He pursed his lips with his eyes wide open and sat on the couch. 

"O-kay. So were they cheating on you?" he asked straight forwardly. 

I let out a deep breath and sat beside him. I took a cup and opened it and dug in. 

"I don't really know what happened," I said with a half-spoonful of ice cream in my mouth. 

"Well, just tell me what happened before I found you here being all weary and tired-looking and..." 

"Okay, I look messed up. I get it," I stuck my tongue out to him while he took off his shoes to sit more comfortably on the couch facing me. 

"Just tell me already," he insisted looking more serious. 

"Can you keep a secret?" I said and put a teaspoonful in my mouth again. 

"Sure..." he let out a deep breath and looked at me. 

"I can be called a pro at keeping 'em," he continued looking a little odd making me curious about what secret he must be keeping. 

"I'm not really with him..." I said and looked down playing with my ice cream. 

He just stared at me then looked away and got himself a cup of ice cream. 

"Hey! Those are mine now!" I tried to snatch them back but I didn't reach it so I just decided to give it. I placed the others beside me so that he couldn't take any of them again. 

"So he's with Faith?" he asked and I just nodded. Admitting it wasn't that hard but I felt like someone stepped on my chest when I said it. i just ate another mouthful of coldness and looked at him. 

"Why do you look like it's something you know already?" she asked. 

"Oh, psh! It's not like that," he shrugged. 

"Just tell me the whole story from the start until what happened a while ago," he smiled half-heartedly making me feel like he knew something about this. 

I shrugged and decided to summarize the story and how it ended just a while ago and he listened intently reacting now and then making me comfortable because he was a good listener and I didn't feel uneasy when I was telling it to him.