Chapter 2: Start of the Game

'How could you?' I thought in disbelief. 

Faith was right. Paul agreed with her plan. I couldn't believe it. How could they do this to me? What was Faith thinking? How could she not think that with her plan, one of us could get hurt in the end. I just couldn't think. I know she trusted me that much that's why she didn't think about it twice. She's trying to end her jealousy and that's just the idea of the plan. 

With Trixie possibly backing off because Paul would be with me, it would all turn out alright for her. Because even if I would be with Paul at school, Faith wouldn't need to worry because she trusted me but what about me? I would be hurting while doing the pretending. I knew I would be. Truly afraid and terrified that something bad of an outcome would be happening. 

*********** 

Before I could enter our classroom where Faith, Trixie, Paul and our other classmates were for our first period, someone held my sweaty hand and snatched my bag and biology book from me. 

"Hey!" I looked back at who did it and was surprised to find Paul. He wasn't in class like I thought a while ago. 

"What are you doing?" I asked confused. 

He raised his brows and shrugged. 

"Oh." I realized this was the first day of our pretending. 

"Good morning to you, too, Cris," he said and I realized I haven't even greeted him. 

Before I could apologize for almost forgetting the plan, he tugged me away into the classroom. He was still holding my hand and carrying my bag and books. 

Everyone in class looked at us in surprise, shock and disbelief epecially Trixie who was obviously the most shocked. 

I looked at Faith and she was looking down oh her book looking devastated. 

'Hey, this is just part of your plan,' I wanted to tell her when Paul set me in my table. 

I looked at him with my asking expression and looked at Faith then back to him expecting for an answer. 

He lowered his head and his warm breath was suddenly in my ears. 

"Don't worry. It's part of her plan," he whispered then stood up and sat beside me taking the seat of Clara, my usual seatmate, who was now sitting beside Faith. 

I sighed in relief. I thought Faith was really devastated. She was a good actress, too, like Paul. 

The teacher came in and we started our class.