I don't know whether I'm more worried about the whole predicament itself, or that I'm actually excited for it.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

"See, now who said something was going to come up?" Taya pointed an accusational fork in my direction, a green leaf dangling from the corner of her stained lips.

"Anybody, but you. All you said was 'You leave this school, I kill you. You stay at this school, they kill you.' " I faked a Russian accent whilst pointing to the roudy teenagers beside us at every which angle.

"Did not!" She gasped, raising a hand to her forehead. She giggled, and dropped her head down so that we can have a semi-private conversation amongst the rest of the surrounding people. "Are you really thinking about taking that job? I mean, you don't know what the kids will be like."

"You weren't there to see the look in her eyes... She looked so desperate." I said. "She told me all the rest of her nannys have quit on her. I wonder why."

"Uh, duh?" She poked my head, unknowingly pushing me back into my chair. I growled menacingly for the greater part of five seconds, and complied with stuffing my hands in my pockets. "The kids must be crazies. I wouldn't trust it, if I were you."

"Yeah. Sounds stupid. Pay's pretty damn good, though." Carter added, stuffing a group of fries into his black hole of a stomach. Jason nodded along, his chestnut hair frolicking every which way.

"Since when were you two listening?" I hissed, feeling betrayed. As if they have a right to listen to our personal conversations! We could be talking about periods! Or parents! Or boys!

"Since when did you care?" Jason mocked in a fake girly voice, slapping Carter on his palm. The crack sounded out, drawing the attention of a few other students. They shot us pointed looks, before returning to their pointless conversations. Not like I was one to talk, though.

"Uh, since when did you- Shut up!" I squealed, wriggling in place. I pushed back my chair, grimacing down at the two Laughing Lucy's. "Up. Fight me. Now."

"Sit down, babe. I could take you out anytime." Jason chuckled, crossing his feet up on top of the table. His playful smile never ceased from his face.

"Scared. Uhhuh. That's what I thought." I cracked my knuckles in faked deliberation, and obliged with sitting back down. By the time my butt reached the chair, I realized most of the table's eyes were staring straight at me. Including that of Carter's, Jason's, and Taya's. "What?"

"Um, Ela..." Carter started, his face turning the color of a tomato. His suppressed giggles come out in the form of choking noises. "When you were standing..."

"He put his food on your chair." Taya gawked, shouting it out for the world to hear.

He. Did. What?!

"What?!" I shrieked, catapulting myself upwards and into the air. The dampness to my rearend was not unnoted. "You are so dead!"

Jason finally cracked, his roaring laughter sounding out all around us. I growled in hysteric, groping for my grape juice, and successfully pouring it on top of all of Jason's lucscious waves. His shocked cry rang out as clear as a bell, and he looked at me with rabid eyes. His t-shirt, formerly having sported a woman in a very provocative pose, now advertised the lack of hygine in his daily routine. Why, with a purple stain trailing down the front.

"You two." That voice; so deathly grave, it sent the whole chaotic lunchroom into silence. "My office. Now."

Shit.