Chapter fourteen

[ f a r k l e]

Wait, what? Hold that phone, how?! Riley just told me she loved me, how did this - RILEY!! "Mom, where's Riley?" I asked her, she looked concerned and worried, was Riley in the car crash too?! oh god, please let this be a dream, I remember after she told she loved me, I kissed her, and we drove home..... we drove home...oh god

"I don't know a Riley, baby." I looked at her as if she was crazy, of course she knows Riley, they talk, they hug, they get along together, why is she saying this?

"Mother, you do. Stop saying that, where is Riley? Is she safe, is she at home?" I asked, I was so worried, why is she saying this? 

she sighed. "Farkle, I don't know what you're talking about." There she goes, why is she saying she doesn't know Riley? Of course she knows Riley. 

I stayed silent, I am so horribly confused, why is my mother saying she doesn't know my girl friend? My mother knew she was my girlfriend. She knows Riley, she even likes Riley.

I sighed and I was about to speak when someone knocked on the door, it was young woman with a clipboard in her hands. "I see you're awake, how are you feeling. Mr. Minkus?"

"Call me Farkle, Mr. Minkus is my father and I am feeling confused."

"Want to tell me why you're feeling confused?"

I stayed silent for a while. I looked at her and sighed. "I'm asking my mother where my girlfriend is, Riley Matthews. I drove her home after we went for a picnic at the strawberry field, and my mother is saying she doesn't know Riley, and that's what makes me so confused, and I'm getting frustrated, it's actually getting me angry."

"What day is it, Farkle?"

I raised an eyebrow at her, that was so weird. "May 13, 2015" I told her, she pat me in the shoulder. "Farkle, you been in a coma for so long, it's actually July twenty third."

and that just made me more confused than ever. I had such a huge headache, and I was really sore, I didn't want to deal with this confusing mess.

"Do you know what happened?" I shook my head. "I don't actually, I remember driving Riley home and I went home as well or I dropped by, hell I don't know, I'm so confused."

"You were driving home from a cafe called Cafe escapes and while you were driving home, you did not reach your destination, a drunk driver hit you. And you were rushed to the hospital."

"So, Riley is safe and sound at her home?" I asked them.

"Farkle, I don't know who you are talking about, I never met a Riley. I thought Isadora was your girlfriend?" I rolled my eyes. "No, Isadora is long gone, she broke up with me remember? Riley is my girlfriend. Mom, please stop playing this silly game and tell me where Riley is!" I raised my voice at her, I was getting fed up.

Riley did exist. 

"Farkle, I don't know who you are talking about. Are you sure you didn't dream of a girl while you were in a coma?" she asked me. That kinda made sense, but it felt so real. But then again, it's so confusing.

But my feelings, my emotions and my heart knows Riley DID exist.

But what if it was just a dream? "I don't know." I told her. "I am not sure what happened, I am not sure if I dreamt of a girl named Riley, I am not sure. I am just not sure, I don't know mom, I-"

"Honey, breathe." I did what she told me to do.

It went silent, the doctor checked up on me, checked my blood pressure, my breathing, and all that. It felt so real. How could that be a dream?

Ten minutes passed and she checked my eyes with the flash light. I felt a flashback, like the light hit me so hard. FARKLE! "Holy fuck!" I shouted and pushed the doctor's hand away. 

I breathed heavily. "Are you okay, Farkle?" I looked at my mother, and the doctor. "I, I think so, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to curse."

Everything went silent again, except my heart monitor that kept beeping. Another ten minutes passed and the doctor got up and spoke but I cut her off.

"So, Riley isn't real? She's just made up in my dream?" I asked. They nodded and I never felt so depressed in my entire life. "I'm sorry Farkle." I just nodded at the doctor.

..

But Riley did exist

[A/N: THE END. I'm sorry for knocking you guys out with the plot twist. So, apparently, it was just a dream.. I'm sorry folks. (or is it?! DUN DUN DUN. jk) that's how I planned out this story, it was a dream. He had a dream...... or did he :O jk, just messing with y'all. Thanks for reading.]

* NOT EDITED *