Chapter Fifteen

I don't make it through the rest of the school day, not only because of James, I just feel off like I wasn't supposed to be here. Almost like I should be doing other and more important things than sitting in a classroom learning math and different forms of writing.

There's also the fact that I can feel her, she overpowered me in gym, I nearly ripped a girls arm off because she threw a ball at me. I just wasn't paying attention because a ringing noise started to grow louder and louder inside my head. She's getting closer, never slowing her way further up my mind. All she does is scream and growl when I happen to brush a single person. Its as if her appetite has grown ever since I killed Isabelle's boyfriend. Something has to change or I will go insane.

I sit in the same clearing and bite my lip nervously. I hope this works or else I'll be yelling like an idiot.

"Death!" I scream. "I need to speak with you! Now!" Unable to sit still, I stand pacing the small clearing where the willow tree doesn't touch.

"Death!" I try again. This is ridiculous, my screaming will only attract people and they will think I am just absolutely bonkers for screaming out death. Then into the looneyville I go.

"I thought you'd never call."

I whirl around, there he is, just as I imagined him. It damn works, "You weren't lying when you said to call for you."

A smile plays on his lips, "Why would I lie Adeline?"

"Just so you could sit in a corner laughing at me as I make a complete fool of myself."

He takes a step toward me, "Never, my pet. Now what is it that you so desperately called for me."

I fold my arms, "I did not sound desperate."

He raises his hand, indicating with his fingers that I was a little. "Just a bit love."

Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath, I can do this no need to try an kill him again, okay. I open my eyes only to see Death inches away from me, my heart beats a tad faster right about now. "Why would you do that? My gosh you freaked me the hell out."

He shrugs, a smirk on his lips, "Right so, why am I here. I'm a very busy man Adeline and I do not take kindly to those who waste my time."

I find myself less wanting his company let alone his advice but for now he's the only one who can control this thing inside me.

A ringing sound echoes through my head, she's at it again.

He sees me wince, "What's happening in there?"

"She does this thing where she tries to push past me, I guess past my subconscious to reach here. To be in control but when she does that, a ringing sound echoes through my head." Its a somewhat painful.

He sighs as he walks the step it takes him to reach me, his eyes never leave mine as he grabs ahold of my face. "What are you doing in there?" He's not talking to me, he's addressing her. "Come forth." I cry out in pain as she rips through my head, I try and back away from him but his hold on me is an iron grip. "No Adeline, just relax. She will be fine in my care." Yeah that's what you said last time.

I do as he says, letting go of the wall I've built, I let her walk right through.

Master. She speaks to him through my mind, which is strange because I can practically feel him looking around up there.

"You will not fight her, I have given you the will to live and you will do as I instruct even if that means that you no longer exist. I asked you to be one not fight over whose center stage."