Part I: Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

I tried not to stare at his scars, which luckily hadn't reddened at all. I hadn't done anything to them besides apply antibiotic ointment, but they were healing like no other, with speeds as inexplicable as the science behind his wings. 

I had originally considered some of the cuts in need of stitches, (unfortunately I lacked the expertise,) but they seemed to be healing themselves like magic, and my mind was completely boggled. 

Healing that fast is definitely not possible, but I'm definitely not seeing things...

I don't even know how... I blinked hard, and recollected myself, as well as most of my expectations of reality. "So...I got the shirts done. Want to try it on and see if it fits?"

He raised an eyebrow.

I don't even know how long it's been since this guy last wore a shirt. "Please? I just spent an hour modifying these for your wings."

He still looked hesitant, but nodded.

I smiled, trying to contain my excitement as I unzipped the zippers and stepped to be right in front of him.

"But won't it get...?" he murmured as he slipped the shirt on. I moved around him, zipping the zippers up, then stepped back to see how he looked.

"Comfy?" I asked. Fits perfect, just like I expected.

"Strange..." he muttered, but his disorientation was melting into a slight smile that twitched as he tried to hold it down.

"Have you ever even worn a shirt with sleeves before?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Well...I can always get rid of the sleeves if they bother you," I offered.

"No, it's perfect," He shook his head, gazing down at the cleanest shirt he'd worn in years. "This...is mine?"

"Yeah, I made it for you. It's yours now. And I'm also making more, so you can have a couple changes of clothes. I got you shorts and boxers too."

He erupted into a smile he couldn't hide, and wound up subtly covering his mouth with his hand to self-consciously hide it instead. 

"Th-thanks," he said, a slight huff of joyful laughter lightening his voice, admiring himself in an old, cracked mirror leaning against a post.