Home Is Where The Heart Is

Hello! I really don't have that much to talk about since nothing interesting has happened recently. -.- anyways, enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto

Naruto, Lee, Sasuke, and Shikamaru chatted and talked until dawn, happy for once. It was short-lived though because Shikamaru had to go back to his parents and Lee had to go back as well.

"Where are we going to stay?" Sasuke asked, he did not want to go back to that god forsaken place, the Uchiha compound. "I'm not going back to the Uchiha compound. It holds too many bad memories."

The others nodded in agreement and Naruto suggested, "I can ask Jiji for a apartment, but I'll have to tell him... what happened."

They all went quiet and Shikamaru spoke up, "You guys can stay with me. I'm sure my parents won't mind if you guys come live with us."

Naruto and Sasuke perked up, but then turned to a sad-looking Lee, "What are you going to do, Lee?"

"I don't know," Lee mumbled before his face became set with determination and a smile spread across his face as he thought of a idea. "What if I run away and come live with you?"

Shikamaru nodded eagerly, hoping they all could stay in the same house. Lee brightened and looked to Sasuke and Naruto, who both grinned happily.

"Naruto, can you come with me?" Lee asked shyly, rubbing his arm. "I-I don't think I can do it alone, and you said you didn't have anything, so I thought- I don't know- maybe, you know- come help me instead?"

Naruto nodded, he only owned his Gamma wallet and the clothes on his back, so he was more than willing to help Lee. Shikamaru decided that he would go with them, just in case something happened.

"Well, I guess I'll go grab my stuff from the Uchiha compound and meet up with you guys here," Sasuke spoke, nodding to them and setting out.

The other three shook their heads and headed to Lee's, having a bad feeling. After five minutes or so, they reached Lee's house and snuck in through the back window. Lee quickly looked around and grabbing all the things he needed and shoved it into a bag. All of savings, his clothes, and the few weapons he owned.

"What are you doing?!" A man's voice shouted, causing the young boy's heads to snap towards the voice. Lee's dad.

Lee cowered back, but his siblings gave him strength and shouted at the man, "I'm running away! I found a family that actually cared for me! People that thing I matter!"

Lee's dad bellowed in laughter and leered at his son, "You? People care for you? Don't make me laugh!"

Tears glistened in Lee's eyes and rage bubbled in the other two's chest. Before they knew it, Naruto and Shikamaru had beaten the man until he was unconscious and almost dead, letting the man live until thy told the Hokage. The three boys froze when the heard the housing of Lee's mother and banging of a door. The three were long gone before Lee's mother could hurt them, though, and already heading for the park.

"Do you have everything?" Shikamaru asked everyone once they arrived at the park.

"Hai!" The other three shouted and Shikamaru nodded in approval before he lead them to his house.

"Hey, Sasuke?" Naruto suddenly spoke up, looking towards his sibling. "Do you think Itachi was forced to kill your clan? Like, I don't know, ordered to kill them?"

Sasuke seemed to thing it over before saying, "I suppose, but I would have to get access to those files if he did. What brought this up? And where did you get the idea?"