15

all of the gladers that were left in the glade stood at the closed doors five minutes before they would open. no one really believed newt that Stiles and Lydia would make it out of there alive. maybe Stiles would make it, but they weren't sure about Lydia. they didn't know her weaknesses and strengths at this point, since she had only been new in the maze for five days and she had only been conscious for two days.

the doors started to crack open slowly. all of the glader boys that were gathered around, looked through the doors searching for Stiles and Lydia to appear. the doors were fully open now and there was no Stiles or Lydia in sight. it started to scare everyone. especially Newt and Minho, Stiles' best friends that had helped him get situated into the maze and as they got situated, their friendship grew. all of the gladers lost hope and walked away with sad vibrations, thinking that Stiles and Lydia hadn't survived the night. Newt and Minho still stood at the maze doors. Minho and Newt were very tempted to run into the maze to go find them, either dead or alive, it didn't matter. a few moments passed and Stiles and Lydia turned the corner to the exit. "Stiles! Lydia! you guys are okay!" Newt exclaimed as he brought them both in for a hug. "yeah, it was a heck of a ride though." Stiles exclaimed with a huff at the end of his sentence. Lydia stared at Stiles,"we saw one of those things, the grievers. they're so... I can't even explain how they look." Stiles stared back at Lydia,"tell them about how you killed it." everyone gathered around them and gasped in disbelief. "yeah, I killed one. and then we just hid from another one." Minho was is disbelief,"how did you kill one of those things?" Lydia huffed,"it was surprisingly easy. I act dumb, but I'm actually a straight A student. I don't like when people know that I'm smart." Newt furrowed his eyebrows,"so you remember things from before the glade?" Lydia widened her eyes,"you guys don't remember anything before coming to this place?"