10

Camila walked through the halls of Palmetto High, shoulders slumped and back slouched, her head hung sadly as her Converse-clad shoes shuffled across the tiled hallway. It hadn't even been 12 hours since Y/n had left her life, she was sad obviously, completely missing him.

All she seemed to be able to think about what was Y/n and Veronica, them holding hands and smiling like idiots while stealing glances at one another, she could imagine them kissing, her hands around his neck while their counterparts rested on her waist. She couldn't help but wonder if Veronica and Y/n's lips moulded perfectly together, if their hands seemed to made to hold the other person's, she knew she was jealous due to the rage which consumed her but she was too sad to do much about it (not like her ego would let her admit that she was jealous in the first place).

Lauren watched from afar, a sad smile on her face as she watched the usually bouncy and energetic Cuban wander around like a lost soul. Her hair was a mess, tied back in a sloppy ponytail instead of naturally cascading down her shoulders like usual. She was wearing a black hoodie and grey sweatpants, not in the mood to wear her normal crop top and high-waisted jeans or skirt that were often vibrant colourful.

The younger girl approached the noirette and that's when Lauren noticed her bloodshot and tired eyes, she looked like she had been crying all night, which she actually had done. Lauren frowned at her best friend, confused as to why she was so sad. She hadn't been dating anyone recently and hadn't mentioned any crushes so that must mean....

"Is Sofi ok? she asked. "Yeah she's fine" Camila croaked out, her voice hoarse and raw from crying last night. "You just seemed sad and I thought something was wrong with Sofi because you haven't mentioned anyone you've liked and haven't dated recently." The older girl's rambling was cut off by a sob. Lauren's head shot up and she saw the fresh tears threatening to spill over.

"Oh Camz. What's wrong?" She wondered as she pulled the doe-eyed girl in for a hug. "I like someone" she spoke, her voice muffled due to her face being buried info Lauren's shirt as she willed the tears away.

"You like someone?" Lauren asked to make sure she had heard her right, Camila nodded. "Then why are you crying?" "I fucked up Lolo, I fucked up really bad." She cried, the older Latina began to rub her back as Camila cried, trying to soothe her. After a few minutes the tears still hadn't subsided, Lauren did the one thing she could do; she called Ally.

Ally was in college but whenever any of her friends needed help she was there and so 15 minutes after Lauren's call there she was: in a school bathroom comforting a still sad Camila.

"Poor Mila. Is this about that boy on Kik?" The Texan asked, the youngest girl just nodded again, not believing in her ability to talk due to the tears.

"Sweetie what happened?" Ally wondered "H-he got up-upset that I ig-ignored h-him so he m-moved on. He got a....he got a g-g-girlfriend." Camila managed to get put through sobs as her two best friends comforted her.

"I've got a plan Camzi" "W-what?" Camila asked with a sniffle. "Let's make this guy jealous. There's a party on Friday. We'll find a cute guy or girl for you to make out with. I'll snap a pic of you and then getting real close and you can send it to him. Boom jealous." Lauren explained, rather proud of herself for thinking of the idea, she watched as the younger Latina's smile expanded with each word.

"Heck yeah! Let's find me someone cute to make out with!"

As they left the bathroom with a happier Cuban Ally pulled her aside. "Look Mila I love you -as a friend of course- but are you sure making him jealous is the right thing to do?" "Maybe, maybe not but I'm willing to do anything for Y/n/n to talk to me again." Camila explained.

"Aw you gave him a nickname Camila" Lauren cooed in a teasing manner. "Oh shut it Lern" Camila snapped playfully which made all three girls laugh.

Ally soon left as she had classes in an hour and her task had been completed, she wished Camila good luck and was soon on her way back to campus.

The two Cubans made their way to second hour. Lauren thinking of people for Camila to get cosy with while the girl in question began to second guess the plan. Ally was right, was making Y/n jealous a smart idea?

----------------------------------------------
I'm sorry this chapter took longer to put out than I thought but I'll have another texting chapter up tomorrow so look out for that.

I hope you guys are enjoying in this story so far, I promise Y/n and Camila will become more than friends soon.

Thank you all for reading, leave me some comments and any feedback you have. If you have any ideas also for this story then just tell me and I'll do my best to include it. Thanks again. -Mason