1.0: Visiting.

What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it.

Remember when I said that I love my cousin a lot and that he worries me more than I worry about myself? Well, lemme tell you, I tolerate his crap too much for my own good. I mean, you think I would've learned something the night he dragged me into the woods. But no! I let him drag him wherever, and I really do have to stop being such a pushover.

Take right now, for example. Scott's at my front door, begging me to go with him to the Preserve. Why is he going? To give our not so friendly neighborhood werewolf a visit.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yell at him, arms crossed stubbornly across my chest. I'm clad only in shorts and a baggy sweater, hair in disarray since Scott interrupted my beloved movie night. There I was, listening to the audio description of the Avengers movie I recently bought, and just when the narrator is painting the scene where Thor, Tony, and Steve are fighting in a forest, the doorbell rings.

So of course I'm blindly glaring at Scott, jaw clenched as he explains why he needs me to leave my living room. "I need to know what happened," my cousin sighs. "I... I need his help. And I don't want to go alone, Mimi."

I waggle a finger in his direction at his use of my pet name. He usually never used it unless he wanted me to do something. "Ohhh, no. You are not dragging into the middle of the woods again. I'm not going anywhere near that man, not when I can sit on my ass and enjoy the sultry voice of Chris Evans!" I shake my head defiantly. "Nope. Not happening."

A silence settles over us, and I keep my teeth gritted as I wait for him to go away or give up or something. I'm not going to Derek Hale's house! Especially not after having evaluated my sudden interest in him! But Scott knows how to test both my nerves and my patience, and my body begins to shake when seconds turn into minutes. My mind begins to elaborate worst case scenarios, and I know I'm beat.

With an aggressive sigh, I throw my hands up. "Fine! I'll go! You win," I huff. I close the door behind me, making sure my cell phone is tucked into the waistband of my shorts, and I latch onto Scott's arm. "Wipe off the smirk that I'm sure is on your face right now," I grumble.

"I love you too, cuz," he says, pecking my cheek.

I grimace, feigning disgust, as I wipe my face on the sleeve of my sweater. "Gross. Emotions."

We do the same routine as usual; I clamber onto Scott's bike pegs and hold on for dear life. My cousin takes off as soon as he feels my hands gripping his shoulders, and I let out a yelp at his superhuman pedaling speed. I know he doesn't notice how strong he is now, but hell, if he doesn't slow down, I'm gonna end up killing us both when I fall.

Thankfully, we arrive into the clearing without incidents. My knees are wobbly as my feet touch the ground, and I almost get down to kiss the forest floor to dramatize my survival. A firm tug on my arm and a shushing sound alerts me that we're not alone, so I let Scott hide us both.

This is when I hear a car pull away, the tires crunching the dry leaves and leaving at a great velocity. Whoever it is sure wants to leave quickly, and why wouldn't they? If Derek is actually living in the house his family died in, I can imagine the creepy feeling radiating from the burned down building.

"All clear," Scott states, and I grasp his hand so we can walk together to the front of the Hale estate. My mind is swirling in anticipation because I don't know how well our presences are accepted here. I've been getting this feeling that Derek's cool with me, but not so much with Scott. I blame my blindness; the supernatural must pity me.