Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I woke up,hoping that this was all a dream but it's not.I'm still here,in this empty room with boxes everywhere.I let out a long ugh.That would make my day better,knowing that my 'ugh' agrees that this is the worst day in my whole entire life.

"Aaaarrrggghhh!" I forgot that my bedroom window was facing the graveyard.I fell,hard.I rubbed my bum as I tried to get up.I hope nobody noticed the loud thump.Though I'd like some attention today.

Then I went downstairs like every normal person would do,for food.

To the kitchen!

I got there just in time for breakfast with dad and the Bleamwells.They're still not Skylers even though Lilian and my dad are already married.And Lilian's not my mum.Never was and never will.Forever.

"Good morning,Kate.Care to join us?Your mum made toast.They're delicious," dad said.I sat beside dad at the dining table and fake smiled everybody.That would satisfy Lilian.She won't bother me with her 'kindness'.For some reason,kindness in her dictionary is annoyingness.

I took a piece of toast and began my morning routine,eating.

What should I do today?

A thought that came to me in the silence of eating.

"Girls,you're free today.Explore the neighbourhood if you want to," dad said,as if reading my mind.I grinned at him.Dad's always good at reading minds.Especially my mind.

"Can I go with Cadence,d-dad?" said Serena.Serena's quite nice to me,unlike her mother,that's an annoying brat stuck in an adult's body.

"Yes,of course.Go ahead."

I got up and went to my room and into the bathroom for a shower.You won't believe how the bathroom looks like.It's incredible.The tub is enormous.I might just pass the whole 'exploring the neighbourhood' thing.

A few minutes passed by.30 minutes to be precise.I put on my casual clothes for this casual event and this thought stopped by.

Now,what should I do next?Oh,yes.

I barged into Serena's room with a slight knock.

I saw the look on Serena's face.She freezed."Umm...have you ever heard of knocking,Cadence?"

"Yes,I have and I did.Gee,you must have hearing problems.I'm just kidding."

"Oh,yeah.I knew that.Haha,very funny."

"Hmm..." I looked at her."I know it feels weird but trust me I feel the same way.Your mother is just-"

"Not suitable for your dad?And my mother is just-ugh-I don't know.She's acting weird lately.More annoying even to me.There's something wrong with her ever since she got married to your dad."

"Tell me about it.That graveyard's got a problem,too.It's just creepy."

"Anyway,let's get moving if we wanna get home early."

So we went down the stairs and dad was still there with Lilian.

"Let's get out of here.Dad,we'll be back by 11."

"What?!"

"In the morning,dad."

"Yeah,yeah.Go ahead."

Then,I opened the door and looked at the graveyard."Whose idea to put a graveyard infront of mansion?" Serena said."Yeah,he must be stupid or something." I replied. "Let's check it out."