chapter 6

Flame’s POV:

                I cut the water, the drops contain to fall in gentle taps on the tile floor. I shook my hair out and grabbed a towel from the floor outside the shower curtain, securing it around my waist. Since I had solar energy literally raging through my body, I dried off very fast. I slipped on jeans and a white t-shirt and grabbed the Sun pendent I put of the sink, fastening it around my neck. I don’t shower with it on anymore because I was worried about it rusting, losing the last thing that reminded me of Kinsley.

                As soon as I opened the door, I smiled on seeing Carrie sitting patently outside the door, waiting for me. I smiled at her, gently tossing my wet towel on her.

                “EwwWwww Flame!” She cried, tossing it back at my feet.  I chuckled, scooping the towel up to let it hand on the door knob. I then reached down to pick up Carrie.

                “Where’s your mom?” I asked her and she pointed downstairs, just as a sweet aroma of bacon flowed to us.

                Ever since Kinsley died, Carrie and her mom, Anna, have let me hide out here when the forest was being searched or I need a shower or to charge my laptop. I snuck through the window so no one sees me sneaking in; if someone saw me, they would probably tell the police. It’s funny, I’m the town hero, yet I’m the most wanted…

                I walked downstairs and saw Anna flipping pancakes and pouring orange juice. Carrie and I tilted our noses sky ward, sniffing the air and Anna laughed. She may be a great friend and had let me use her house, but she could never replace Kinsley. But, her food was pretty good.

                After breakfast, I went to the living room to check on the charge on my laptop. It was almost there so I let it be. As I waited, I thought back to the girl I had saved from the fall of the building. Her name still hung fresh in my mind.

                Charter…

                Her name was so unique and fresh, and I loved the way it sounded. Usually I don’t take that much notice in the people I rescue, I’m too busy saving their butts from fires and thugs. But I really got a good look at her and it set my heart on fire…..no pun intended.

                Would I have time to get to know her? Or will she freak out? I could tell she was too in shock to really do anything when I had taken her to my house to make sure she was okay, but what would happen if I straight up walked up to her in the park or something? I guess I could try, but the thought made butterflies erupt in my stomach.

                One thing’s for sure…I had to see her.