Chapter 16

(Louis)

Louis had his hand squeezed against Harry's. He had been blankly watching Harry for a while now. The tele was running behind him but he didn't care enough to watch. What if something happened to Harry? It would be his fault and he would never, ever forgive himself.

"No," Harry murmured, beginning to squirm. He shifted around in his blankets.

Louis raised an eyebrow. "Hazza?" Was he having a wet dream about someone?

"Please don't hit me!" Harry shouted, still asleep, tossing an turning.

"Harry! Harry wake up!" Louis shook him, knowing from that sentence that this was serious. Harry sounded like he'd cry. This was a very intense nightmare he was having.

"Sorry I'm a faggot," he muttered. Louis was shocked. What was this about? He shook Harry harder and harder Harry's eyes fluttered open.

"Don't touch me! Don't hurt me!" He screamed.

"Hazza! It's me! It's me okay, it's Louis. Babe what were you dreaming about?"

Harry didn't answer. He just pressed his knees into his chest and curled up, tears falling down his face. What kind of nightmare would scar him so badly?

"I don't want you to see me like this," Harry said.

"No, don't be ludicrous. What was that, Hazza? Can you tell me?" Louis spoke in a soft, consoling tone. He brushed his thumb against Harry's knuckles, squeezing his palm.

"I'm pretty sure Zayn told you I had a rough past," he started, "and it's true I did. It was like this recurring dream, Lou. About an event that happened."

"Babe... Did someone hit you?"

Harry's eyes widened and he shook his head. Louis knew he was lying but he also knew that he wasn't going to get the story out of Harry. He didn't want to make Harry feel uncomfortable. "Babe, tell me when you're ready, okay?"

Harry nodded. That was good enough for Louis. He was still drowsy as fuck. His eyes could barely stay open and he couldn't even sit up.

"Sleep, Hazza," Louis pleaded.

"No way I'm sleeping after that."

Louis leaned in to wipe his tears off his cheeks and dab his eyes with Kleenex. He didn't know what to do. If he said one wrong word, Harry would shatter into a million pieces.

"I do like it when you call me babe," Harry chuckled, "it makes me feel like you like me."

"Well, I do.... babe," Louis laughed. "Harry you need to get this out of your system.. Please sleep, babe, please?"

"Lou?"

"Yeah?"

"Um... Do you... Would you mind um..." Harry patted a spot next to him on Niall's bed. He didn't need to say more because Louis knew what the kid wanted.

"Of course."

Harry scooted over and curled up into a ball. He still had that alarmed look in his green, shiny eyes. Louis cuddled up next to him, hoping it would help him fall asleep. He pressed a kiss to Harry's cheek. Then another one. He got Harry to giggle, which made Lou's face light up.

**************

Louis told Zayn, Liam, and Niall about what happened with Harry just to clarify that they didn't sleep together because that was sure as hell what it looked like.

"Hi," Harry smiled when he woke up, finally.

"Hey, there," Louis chuckled, "alright?"

Harry nodded. "Alright. Hey thanks for letting me crash. Much appreciated."