Chapter 6

(Harry's P.O.V.)

Harry hated the fact that Zayn would only try harder to help Harry when secretly, Harry had given up on himself. He didn't go for lunch that day, and he ditched his classes,because he just wanted a break from his boring life and to sleep in the entire day, maybe watch cliche romantic comedies the entire day.

When he slipped in a DVD, he heard a knock at the door. Why would Zayn knock? It was his dorm too.

"S'open, Zayn..."

It wasn't Zayn, it was Louis. "Um, hi. Didn't catch you at lunch today.

"Yeah, wasn't feeling well," Harry lied, "I think I'm a little sick."

Louis chuckled, "You don't have to lie Harry, everyone ditches classes occassionally," he perched on Harry's bed, "especially with your science classes. I'm telling you, I have no clue how you do it, Styles."

What the fuck Louis, are we best friends now or something? Why do you care?

Louis continued, "Hey, I want to go somewhere today. I'm bored of being locked in this campus. Fancy going to the cinema?"

Harry suddenly felt self conscious, knowing that he looked like a bedhead and he hadn't even washed his face or put gel in his hair or anything. He knew he looked ugly right now and he didn't want Louis to see him like that.  Louis didn't say anything about that, of course, but Harry wondered if he was thinking it. It would be so much easier if he could actually tell what people were thinking. 

Harry noticed that he zoned out on Louis, who was waiting patiently for him to answer. "Hmm..." he thought aloud.

"It's okay, you don't have to come. We can just watch a movie here. After all, you've got one of those cool dorms with your own loo and all. Which other roommates share the washroom with you?" Louis asked, walking towards the restroom a few feet away.

"Luckily no one. There's nobody in the next dorm so we have it to ourselves, me and Zaynie," Harry felt awkward in his childish onesie and uncombed hair. "Sorry, the room is a mess... And so am I.I didn't really shower, or clean the room, and Zayn never helps out with that, so.."

Louis shrugged. "I'm not a posh dickhead. My room is a thousand times messier. And I share it with Niall who is practically an alcoholic in training," he laughed.

Harry mentally sighed in relief. He had a lot of mental notes about Louis. Louis Tomlinson, funny, playful, not posh, and sweet. Harry had this thing where he would mentally record everything he knew about a person so he knew not to piss them off when he said or did something with them. 

"You seem very tense," Louis pointed out.

Please stop saying that, Louis. It scares me.

"Tense? No... I'm alright," Harry scoffed. Secretly, he feared that Louis might suspect something about him. "Actually, Louis, let's go to the cinema."

**********************

The cinema was quite fun. All Harry had to do was sit and watch the movie, and nod at Lou's comments about guys that he thought were fit as hell. Harry remembered what Zayn said about stepping out of te comfort zone and making yourself happy. It was actually quite nice to finally get out and hang out with someone. Zayn never took Harry out in fear that he might have a nervous breakdown or something, which he had to assure Zayn wouldn't happen. 

Except, he didn't know why he trusted Louis enough to go places with him. Perhaps it was the fact that Louis was quite charming. It had only been three days since they met and it almost felt like Louis was making some sort of an effort to be Harry's friend.

"You're quiet," Louis observed, climbing in shotgun in Harry's truck. 

"I don't talk very much," Harry informed him, as if to say, hey, don't expect too much of me.

"Well you should," Louis said, smiling. "You've got a lot of cool things to say."

Harry turned around to look at Louis, who was still smiling so hard there were crinkles at his eyes. He smiled back, not having to force or fake it because that was very sweet of Louis to say. He had never gotten a compliment like that before from anyone, let alone a friend of only three or four days.

"Wow, thanks. You're too kind," Harry blushed.

"But I do mean it, Harry. You're so charming but you're so shy. You can be comfortable with me. I can't tell you how to be with LiLi and Ni, but I will assure you that I am not going to say anything," Louis said. Harry bit his lip. That was very strange to say. Either Louis was quite an observer, or somehow he knew about Harry's issues. 

Harry sighed. "You know about my anxiety," he felt like crying. Louis had only volunteered to be a friend out of pity or something.

"I do, but what's that got to do with-"

"Who told?"

"Zayn. But Harry this isn't out of pity or something, just letting you know," Louis sighed, "I also need a friend who is... Like me. You're... you're perfect and I wholeheartedly want to be your friend."

Harry didn't know whether he should be happy or angry. He was angry at Zayn and part of him didn't believe Louis when he said that he wanted to be Harry's friend. Who would want to be friends with stupid ass Harry?

You've got a lot of cool things to say.

"Okay," Harry finally agreed, "but I don't know if you can actually help me."

"I can try," Louis touched his shoulder soothingly. Harry wanted to flinch away but he could not. Lou's one simple touch held enough sweetness to relax his nerves. Harry just bit his lip and nodded. He shifted the gear, glancing back at Lou. What was it about this boy that he so easily managed to entice Harry?

(A/N: fan me, vote, comment, spread the word about this story, whateverrrr. ahahaha. I hope you enjoy this story. I just want to warn you that Haz and Lou will just be friends for a little while before they start fuckin'. Cause I know you all are into that ;))) but yeaaah.)

xx A xx