Chapter 5

Justin's POV

3 days later I was asleep in my bed, when I heard a loud crack of thunder. I rolled over to check the time; 3:10 AM. The sound of rain and the frequent flashes of light filled the room. I was trying to fall back asleep, when I saw the light in the hallway go on, and heard footsteps go down the stairs. I grabbed a sweatshirt and went downstairs, my sweatpants dragging on the floor. I sat down next to her on the couch.

"Shh, its just thunder. It's okay. It's alright," I whispered, pulling her close to me as I stroked her hair. Her head rested on my chest as her eyes slowly closed. The thunder became quieter, lightening less often. At 4:40, I picked her up and carried her back into her room, laying her on her bed, and pulling the blankets over her. I ran my hand through her hair, and walked to the door.

"Goodnight, Princess," I whispered, before closing the door, and walking into the hallway. I got back into my room, closed the door and laid down in my bed. I exhaled before stretching out one last time, and falling asleep.

I woke up the next morning for school. I got dressed and brushed my teeth, before walking downstairs. We had stopped taking Rylie's car to school and we now took my large Ford pickup truck. I hopped in the driver's seat, Rylie in the passenger's.

I wanted to tell her that I auditioned for a movie. I didn't make it into the movie, but I got called to do a TV show. I would have to travel from California to Florida, and I have to make my decision soon. I couldn't tell her. I can't just tell her I'm going to leave her all of the sudden.

We walked into school, our hands intertwined. I hugged her shoulders and kissed the top of her head before we walked our separate ways to our classes.

SORRY FOR THE SHORT UPDATE I HAVE A LONG ONE COMING UP