Chapter 2

"I uh, thought I would just say 'Hey',"

"Well," he said, "Then hey," He spun around and sat back in his chair. I turned around, took a deep breath, and walked out of the shack, my ohone in my hand.

"So? What happened?" Hannah asked, turning towards me, and crossing her legs, Indian Style.

"Nothing. He gave me his number," I said blankly, acting nonchalant.

"That's all? Ugh, Rylie! I need details," she prompted.

"That's it, we just said he and he took my phone and put his number in it. No big deal," I rolled over onto my stomach, feeling the sun's warmth spread across my back. About an hour later, Hannah left for a dentist appointment leaving me alone- well Justin was across the pool. I live in California, and it gets very hot in the summer, so I stood up, and walked down the steps to my pool. After wading for a few minutes I spoke up.

"Aren't you sweating?" I asked Justin.

"A little bit, not bad though," He set his phone on the table next to him.

"You know you're allowed to do whatever here. You can come in. It's your house, too now," I said, floating on my back into the deep end of the pool.

"Is that an invitation?" He smiled.

"hmm. No. But you can come in whenever you want. Can you throw me a float?" I spoke, before dunking my head underwater. Justin laughed.

"I'm not too hot yet, but maybe later," He reached over and grabbed a circular tube, and flung it into the water near me. I pushed myself up and into the tube, running my hand through the water.

I kicked myself over to the shallow end and hopped out of the water, taking a pink and white towel from the rack, and wrapping it around me.

I didn't want to sit alone, so I went to my chair, picked up my phone, tanning oil, and lemonade and walked over to Justin. I sat down in the chair next to his.

The water slowly evaporated, leaving only a few droplets of clear liquid on my skin. Justin let out a small smile as I sat down. I closed my eyes and relaxed while the sun beat on me. I was shaken back into reality when a big burst of cold spray hit me. My eyes shot open.

"You looked like you were burning and I didn't want you to burn. That would suck. So I sprayed sunblock on you," Justin said and I laughed, rolling over.

"While you're at it... Can you spray my back, too?" I asked.

"Sure," He laughed.