Scott, You Did It

Start from the beginning

The words came out his mouth, but by his face, he clearly wasn't buying it. "In a Chinese folktale. Guys, this is insane. I need to keep quiet. The three of you, not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr.Tate hearing about this. Scott?" Glancing over at Scott, I saw him looking towards the road as a car pulled up.

"Oh, hell. Mr.Tate." He greeted as Mr.Tate walked up the hill with none other than my dad. He pulled the blanket that Sheriff had in his hand. "Mr.Tate?" My dad questioned as he nodded. "It's hers."

Dad nodded. "Alright, wait here." I shook my head. "Dad." He whipped around. "I'll talk to the both of you in a minute. I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you running around in the woods this late." He walked towards the den. "Prick." I mumbled as Sheriff walked towards my dad.

"Come on, let's get some sleep." Stiles grumbled, pulling Scott and I along with him. "He's still a prick." I said as Stiles laughed. "Yes he is."

The next day in school, We all met up with Allison before class to chime her in on all the details. "Here's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trails." Stiles pointed to the pinned location on the tablet.

"Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails. But I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves. And they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes." Stiles glanced over to her. "Coyotes tip-toe?"

Allison rolled her eyes. "They tip-toe." The bell rang as all the students poured into the classroom. "I got to go, but send me the pinned location." Stiles nodded. "Okay."

Stiles and I made our way to our seats. "Hey, I'm Kira." Glancing over, I saw Kira standing in front of Scott. "You know that. I knew you knew that. I don't know why I just told you that again. Anyway, I have something for you." She placed her bag on the desk, digging into it.

"For me?" Scott asked as she sifted through her papers. "Yeah. About the bardo. My explanation was sort of all over the place, so I did some research and I printed it out for you." Scott chuckled. "Ah, you didn't have to do that."

Kira shrugged. "It only took a couple of hours." Scott's eyes widened as he smiled. "Wow. Then you really didn't have to do that." Kira sighed. "I swear I printed it out."

"Kira." Kira whipped around to her the teacher. "You forgot all the research you did for that boy you like." Kira bit her lip as her dad handed her the papers. Scott's mouth gaped open as Kira turned around, dropping the papers in his hands. She quickly sat down, putting her head in her hands. Poor girl.

"Let's get started. We were just talking about the internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail. Who would like to come up and read aloud for us?" He looked around the class before his eyes locked with the boy in front of me.

"Mr. Stilinski, how about you?" Stiles shook his head. "Oh, maybe someone else could." Mr. Yukimura shook his head. "Everyone participates in my class, Mr. Stilinski." Stiles sighed, getting up. "Okay."

He walked to the front of the classroom, placing his hands on the sides of the podium. He stared down at the book. His breathing increased as he moved his hands towards the front. Backing away from the podium, he stared at the class.

I slowly stood up. "Stiles? You okay?" His breathing got heavier. I walked up to him, grabbing ahold of his shoulders. "I should take him to the nurse's office." Mr. Yukimura nodded as I helped Stiles out of the classroom.

"Come on, you're gonna be okay." I said, opening the door to the locker room. Stiles bursted in front of me, running up to the mirror. "Stiles, is this a panic attack?"