Under The Water

"Stiles, I'm fine." I said, running a hand through my hair as we walked down the stairs.

"Aubrey." I ignored him, opening the door to the bottom floor. "Aubrey wait." Stiles grabbed my wrist dragging me backwards.

"Stiles, let go-" I stopped when I saw Derek passed out on the floor.

"Derek?" I quested as Stiles leaned down onto his knees. Stiles raised his hand, slapping him across the face. "Come on Derek, wake up."Stiles mumbled, slapping Derek again.

"Stiles, I don't think it's working." I said simply as he continued to slap him. Stiles sighed, lifting his hand up again. He glanced at his hand, before turning it into a fist. As his fist went down towards Derek's face, he grabbed it at the last second.

He panted heavily, glancing around the room. "Where is she?" He muttered, unable to lift his head. "Jennifer? Gone with Scott and Aubrey's mom."

Derek's eyes went wide. "She took her?" Stiles and I nodded. "Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls. Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So we gotta get out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here." Stiles lifted Derek up from the floor.

"Woah, What about Cora?" Stiles and I glanced at each other. "She's downstairs in the car, we gotta go." Derek nodded, walking out the elevator.

"Aubrey, go with Derek, i'll hold off the cops." I stopped in my tracks, staring at Stiles. "Please, be careful." I said, hugging him tightly. He hugged me back, "I will. Now go." I nodded, running to catch up with Derek.

As we were driving, Cora still unresponsive in the back seat, we spotted Isaac parked, with Allison and her father. Derek stopped the car, running to the back seat.

"Where's Scott and Stiles?" Allison asked as I shut my door. "Stiles is still at the hospital. He's gonna hold off the cops for us. We have to go right now." I said, opening the door for Derek as he placed Cora in Isaac's car.

"What about Scott and Melissa?" I sighed, glancing around us. "Jennifer took her." I said, mumbling. I missed her already.

"What about Scott?" I shook my head. My heart still hurt from when he left. It was hard to believe.

"Aubrey, Derek. Where's Scott?" Derek glanced at me sympathetically before turning to Allison. "He left us." He simply said, before getting in the car. "Let's go." I nodded, getting into the backseat with Cora as we drove away.

"She's dying isn't she?" Isaac mumbled, looking back at Cora and I, mainly her. Derek sighed. "I don't know."

"So what are you gonna do?" Derek stared in front of him, taking a turn. "I don't know."

Isaac's eyes darkened. "Want to figure something out? Because while Scott, Stiles, and Aubrey were going out there trying to help people from being killed, you were in here, rolling around the sheets with the actual killer." Derek stopped the car at the loft, getting out to grab Cora.

"Do you get how many people she's killed? Erica and Boyd are dead, Cora is dying, and you are doing nothing! Why'd you do this to us, Derek? Was it all about the power? Were you bored? Were you lonely.?" Derek sighed, placing Cora down on the couch. "Maybe. I told Cora I wouldn't leave. I'll help the others when I figure out how to help her."

Isaac took a deep breath. "Derek, there's no time." I nodded, crossing my arms. "Derek, he's right. My mother is in grave danger. I don't know where the hell my brother is. We can't sit here and do nothing." Derek didn't move, he only continued to stare at Cora.

"Come on Aubrey." Isaac muttered, grabbing my arm. "The full moon's coming. The sheriff and Melissa are gonna be dead, so i'm gonna try and help them." Isaac yanked open the door. "You can sit here and perfect the art of doing nothing." Isaac and I walked out, slamming the door behind us.

"I can't believe him." Isaac stated as we got into the car. I sighed. "I mean I get where he's coming from, but my mom." I said trailing off as we left the loft. "Don't worry." Isaac put a hand on my shoulder. "We'll find her."

"But will it be in time?"

We arrived at the Argents house around 20 minutes later. Apparently they had some sort of plan. Isaac and I walked upstairs, stopping at the doorway. They had all sorts of weapons out. "Well, i can't shoot a crossbow or use a gun. But I'm pretty good with these." Everyone turned as I let my claws come out, flashing my eyes. "Let's do this."

We drove to the bank vault, Stiles going to see Lydia, making sure she's okay. Chris pulled out an electrical stick as we entered the vault. "i thought you only used those on werewolves?" Isaac questioned as Chris stopped. "I do." He turned around, zapping Isaac in the stomach. I tried to run, but shocks were sent throughout my body.

I collapsed to the ground as Chris took Allison, handcuffing her to the side. "What the hell are you doing?" I heard her say, ally my senses fading in and out. Chris sighed. "I'm sorry, But you're just gonna have to trust me on this. I knew for a long time she didn't just operate on currents. She was in sync with them."

A faint ticking sound started playing as Chris dropped his gun. Looking up I saw her. Jennifer. She looked around, smiling brightly. "Now this is a sacrifice."

As she edged closer to Chris, her face started to contort. She took her final step before they were both gone. I felt my sense returning to normal as I stood up. Isaac stood up beside me. "Get her out of those." I mumbled, directing towards Allison who was still in shock. "We're going to find her."

"And kill her." I said, walking out the vault. She was going to pay for what she had done. And it wasn't going to be pretty. As we got into the car, I quickly texted Stiles, telling him about the recent event.

There wasn't much time until they were gone. I drove to Lydia's house, knowing Stiles would be there. I could feel my heart beat rising as I drove. My mother was no where to be found. Scott abandoned us. It was all too much. As I parked in Lydia's driveway, I jumped out the car.

The tears streamed down my face as I ran into her house, running as fast as I could. I opened her door, seeing Stiles and Lydia talking. Their heads instantly turned as I slide down the wall. "Aubrey, what's wrong." My heart was pounding in my chest, it was getting hard to breathe.

"I can't breath." I sobbed. "Stiles, she's having a panic attack." Lydia's voice raised as Stiles knelt down beside me. "What do I do.?" He panicked looking between us. "Aubrey. Try and think about something else, anything else." I tried to focus my mind on other things, only to think about my mom.

I shook my head. "I can't. Oh god, their gonna die. Scott's gone. Mom's gone." I muttered, crying into my hands. "Try and slow your breathing Aubrey."

"I c-cant" It began getting harder and harder to take in breaths. "Stiles, she's hyperventilating." Stiles shook his head. "I know!" He yelled, staring down at me.

All of a sudden, he leaned in, pressing his lips against mine. I felt my breath hitch as he kissed me. My breathing slowed as he pulled away. I sat there in shock, staring at him. "How did you do that?"

"When I was younger, I got panic attacks and the way I stopped them was to hold my breath. You held your breath." He muttered, staring at me.

"Thank you." I leaned forward, hugging him tightly. This boy was my savior, I couldn't believe he was mine.

"Okay, what should we do now?" I questioned, standing up. "Do we have any leads?"

"Well, we can try Morrell?" Stiles and I glanced at eachother before running out to the car.

When we arrived at the school, we instantly made our way to Ms. Morrells office, only to see a girl standing there. She looked familiar.

"Are you here for Ms.Morrell?" Stiles asked as we stopped in front of her. She shook her head. "No, I thought this was gym class."

Lydia sighed. "Sweetheart, we're not in the mood for funny. Do you know where she is?" She shook her head, glancing at the clock. "If I did, I wouldn't be waiting for 20 minutes. So how about you three back out the door and wait your turn.?"

"We're not here for a session." I said, narrowing my eyes. "Well, I am. And i've got some serious issues to work on."

"Wait. You're Danielle. You're Heather's best friend." Suddenly it clicked, she was the girl at the party that interrupted Stiles and I.

"I was Heather's best friend. We've been working on that issue three times a week." I opened my mouth to say something before Lydia beat me to it. "Wait, did you say Ms. Morrell's 20 minutes late?" Danielle nodded. "And I don't know why either. She's always on time."

Stiles and I glanced at Lydia for confirmation as she nodded. "I was seeing her at the beginning of the semester. She was never late."

"Then she's not late. She's missing." Lydia nodded. "What if we're not the only ones who think she knows something?"

Something in my gut told me there was a clue. I just got to find it. "Then I want to know what she knows." I walked past Danielle, into her office. Grabbing the desk, I opened the drawers, rummaging through the papers. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to find her." I said, pulling out more papers. "Those files are private." I heard Danielle say as I pulled out the student folders. "Yeah, she's kind of right." I grabbed a file, with a familiar name printed on the front.

"That one's yours." I said, throwing it towards Lydia. "Let me see that." She mumbled, opening the folder. "Lydia that's your drawing." Stiles said, walking towards her. "Yeah, I know. It's a tree."

"Yeah. Good too." Danielle murmured. Lydia turned towards her, slightly smiling. "Thank you." "No." Stiles shook his head. "But that's the same one, though."

"Same as what?" She tilted her head. "The same one I always see you drawing in class." Lydia rolled her eyes. "It's a tree. I like drawing trees."

"No, but it's the exact same one. Don't you see?" Lydia shook her head as Stiles sighed. "Give me your bag." Lydia hands Stiles her bag. Stiles reached into her bag, grabbing her notebook. He flipped to a random page, it had a drawing of a tree. The exact tree.

He kept flipping, tree after tree. "Okay, you can have my session. You got bigger issues." Danielle walked out the door as Stiles continued to flip. "What is this?" She stared at the notebook in horror.

"I know where they are. It's the Nemeton. That's where she's keeping them. It has to be." Stiles trailed off. We packed up the notebook and the drawing, leaving the room.

"Stilinski!" I heard a familiar voice yell. "Uh oh." Stiles mumbled, turning me around. "Okay go to Derek. He and Peter, they've been there before. So they'll know where it is. Tell them it's the root cellar, alright? They'll know." Lydia nodded walking off.

"Aubrey, don't be mad.-" Stiles was cut off. "Aubrey." Turning around I saw him. The one person I thought i'd never seen again.

My father. He stood in front of me, staring down at Stiles and I. "Please say something." I crossed my arms, glaring at him. I wanted to punch him so hard. He sighed, turning to Stiles. "Did you know your dad's car is in the school parking lot and has been since last night?" Stiles shook his head.

"No what does that mean?" My dad sighed. "It means, he's officially missing Stiles. Why am I getting the feeling you know something that could help us find your dad?" Stiles shrugged his shoulders. "If I did, why would I tell you?"

"If it meant helping your dad, why wouldn't you?" "Because your a dick." I mumbled.

"You're asking me to tell you what I wouldn't tell you?" Dad sighed. "First, I have no idea what you just said. Second, how about you two just help me help you?"

Stiles shook his head. "Well, I don't know how to help you help me tell you something that would help you if I don't know it." Dad sighed. "Are you doing this on purpose?"

Stiles groaned. "We don't know anything okay? Can we just go?" Dad ignored it. "Where are your other friends?"

"You mean Scott?" Dad shook his head. "I mean Scott. I mean Isaac Lahey, Allison Argent, these twins Ethan and Aiden. I've been told your whole little clique didn't show up at school today."

"We don't have a clique." I simply said, glaring at him. He sighed in frustration. "Stiles, Aubrey, come on. There's been a pretty disturbing amount of violent activity in this country in the last few months. Several murders tied to this school. I don't know what's going on here, but it's serious. And hey. Your dad is missing. Fine. But I don't want you going home alone. You guys have someone you can stay with tonight?"

"Their with me," A voice came from the doorway. Looking up, I saw Deaton standing there. "Let's go." Stiles muttered as we walked away from my dad.

Deaton brought us to the clinic, us meeting Allison, Isaac, Lydia, and Derek. We were currently looking on a map, trying to find out where the Nemeton was. "It has to be on a telluric current, or maybe even at the axis of two or where they all intersect. I just know it's where Derek took Paige. to die." Derek glared at Stiles. "Sorry."

"My dad and Gerard were there once. But Gerard said it was years ago, and he couldn't remember where it was, And my dad obviously isn't here to tell us now." She trailed off.

"Yeah, mine either." Isaac sighed. "Then how do we find this place?"

"There might be a way. But it's dangerous. We're gonna need Scott." I sighed, Great.

Deaton called Scott, him getting here in a matter of minutes. I didn't know how to feel about him. Of course I was still angry but I wasn't sure if I should be. As Scott was taking his time to get here, Deaton managed to set up four buckets of ice, not telling us what they were for.

"How's you guys find out?" All heads turned towards Lydia. "She drew it. What about you?"

"Morrell. None of the other alphas know where it is either." I narrowed my eyes. "So if this works, are you gonna tell them?" Scott sighed. "I can't stop Jennifer without them."

"Unbelievable" I muttered, crossing my arms. "How about we concentrate on finding your parents first?" We all nodded. "What's the plan?"

"Essentially, you, Allison, Aubrey, and Stiles need to be surrogate sacrifices for your parents." I furrowed my eyebrows. "We die for them?"

"But you can bring us back right?" Stiles panicked as Deaton nodded. "You remember the part where I said if was dangerous? If it goes right, the three of you will be dead for a few seconds, but there's something else you need to think about. This is a dangerous thing for more reasons than one. You'll be giving power back to the Nemeton, a place that hasn't had power for a long time. This kind of power is like a magnet. It attracts the supernatural, the kind of things that a family like the Argents can fill the pages of a bestiary with. It will draw them here, like a beacon." As he finishes, It was silent.

"Doesn't sound any worse than anything we've already seen." Stiles nodded as Deaton sighed. "You'd be surprised at what you have yet to see."

"Is that it?" Deaton shook his head. "No. It'll also have an effect on the four of you. You won't be able to see it, but you'll feel it every day for the rest of your lives. It'll be a kind of darkness around heart, and permanent, like a scar." We all glanced at eachother before nodding.

"Go home and get your items. We'll meet back here." Deaton stated.

We all took a short trip home, grabbing an item that was close to us and our parents. "Alright, what did you bring?" Deaton said as we walked next to our buckets. "Um, I got my dad's badge. Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so I tried hammering it out a bit. Still doesn't look great." He mumbled, showing Deaton the badge.

"well, it doesn't need to look good if it has meaning, is that an actual silver bullet?" Deaton questioned Allison who held the bullet in her hand. "My dad made it. It's kind of a ceremonial thing. When one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the code."

Deaton nodded, "Scott?" Scott held out a watch, I instantly recognized it. "My dad got my mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital. She used to say it was the only thing in their marriage that ever worked." I chuckled as Deaton turned to me. I held up a ring. My mom's wedding ring.

"My mom gave this to me when I was 10. She said to keep it safe, so I could remember that even bad things can start off good."

Deaton nodded. "Okay, the four of you will get in. Each of us will hold you down until you're essentially..Well dead. But it's not just someone to hold you under. It needs to be someone who can pull you back, someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotion tether. Lydia, you go with Stiles."

Lydia nodded standing in back of Stiles. Deaton in back of Scott. Isaac in back of Allison. Derek in back of me. We stepped into the water, I instantly started shaking. "Ready." We all nodded. "By the way Scott. If I don't make it back and you do, you should probably know something. Your dad's in town." Scott's eyes went wide before he was submerged in the water.

As I took my last breathe, I felt the water come over me. My chest tightened as I thrashed, craving air. It felt like I was going to explode, until everything went dark,.

To be continued. Well that was an eventful chapter. Only one more episode of 3A, Aubrey is coming to an end :') I don't know If I should be happy or sad.

WordCount: 3189

Aubrey //S.S.// ➸ Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें