Chapter Twelve: Yule Ball

Dear Mother,

I’m sorry for the way I have acted the past few days and I accept your apology. There is a way for you to make up for all the misunderstanding. I hate to ask you for this but it is an emergency. Hogwarts is hosting a Yule Ball, I’m sure you are well aware and I have been invited to go with someone... Saying that, I am in need of  a dress.... If you would be so kind as to buy me one - I’ll pay you back as soon as I come home. You know my dress size and as to color, I beg you to please do not get me a green, or red, silver or Golden colored dress. Besides that, I don’t care what color you chose. Thank you so much. I love you.

~ Ellisar M.

That had probably been the single hardest thing I ever had to do... Writing ‘I love you’ would always be easier than saying it to my parents. I borrowed Hedwig again and to be honest, I had been kind of fearful of using Hedwig because I knew that my father hated Harry Potter more than the Minister of Magic...

“Hedwig, this is important, just drop the letter to the House Elves and then get you feathering butt out of there, alright?” I whispered as I tied the letter to her leg and sent her off.

“Thanks Har- “ I spun around and saw Harry talking to Cho, trying to ask her to the Yule Ball - I think...

“I really am.. Sorry,” Cho lamented. I didn’t like Cho, didn’t know what Harry saw in Cho. I would never understand boys. With that being said, she left the Owlery; I joined Harry’s said.

“Are you ready?” I asked.

“Yeah. Let’s go,” Harry  retorted. Snow softly hit the ground as we trudged back to the castle. I wish I had something to say.

“So what’s going on with you and Cho?” I asked lightly.

“Apparently nothing. I was trying to ask her to the Yule Ball but I couldn’t form the words and then - well let’s just say that she’s going with someone else and not with me.” It had been obvious that he was upset. Though I personally felt sorry for the guy going to the Yule Ball with Cho. I really didn’t like her.

“I’m sorry,” I responded. Silence followed us as we walked up the rest of the castle. At dinner, I sat with twins for once, all they could talk about was the Yule Ball and how much fun it was going to be.

“Oh my gosh! You two sound like a couple of girls, going on about the stupid ball thing,” I retorted exasperatedly.

“Come on, you’re just being like this because you don’t have a date,” Fred defended, I scoffed.

“Yeah okay, that’s why I’m so cynical about it and just for your information, I do have a date,” I blurted out to them. Quickly, I closed my mouth and turned red; I didn’t want anyone to know about it. Kind of like how Hermione wasn’t going to tell Ron or Harry who her date was. The twins scooted closer to me.

“Who?” Fred questioned with quiet intensity.

“Not telling.” I mimicked a zipper going along my lips then locked it with an imaginary key.

“We have ways of making you talk, Elli and you know that,” George threatened. I narrowed my eyes and glared at the two of them.

“You wouldn’t - not here anyway,” I hissed.

“Of course not here - but you’d never know where or when, unless you told us now,” Fred clarified.

“Never,” I spat. The twins rolled their eyes and I knew from that point that I would be a heap of trouble later...

After dinner, I saw Alek at the end of the hall, quickly, I turned the other way and swiftly went up the stairs to my house. Suddenly two Gryffindors - the same two who had jumped Fred, George and I stepped in front of me, refusing to let me pass.