chapter » ten

Kissing Lucy right after she confessed her tragic life story was probably not the smartest thing to do, but since when did Natsu care about conventions?

Each time he squeezed her leg, each time his lips left a warm little mark on the fabric of her jeans that seeped through to her skin, Lucy just looked down at him and sniffled. He truly did have to worst timing, getting so close to her like this, yet as uncomfortable as it was, Lucy didn't want him to go.

"He was selfish, right?" Natsu asked. His face tilted up to look at her.

From that angle, Lucy was sure he had very few things in her life that were cuter, if any. His eyes were wide with a childlike curiosity, his lips parted in a manner that she knew meant he was breathing heavily. "What?"

Natsu swallowed, the lump visible in his throat as it went down. "That man. He didn't care about how you felt."

Lucy could've laughed had she the energy or the sense of humor. Right when she was about to ask, are you joking?, Natsu's fingers pried at the button on her denim jeans.

"I don't wanna be like that, Luce..." Natsu's open mouth trailed off as if he wanted to say something else but couldn't find the right words.

Her cocoa eyes widened into saucers as he jeans came apart. Natsu's touch was warm, but he still gave her shivers as he pulled the edges of her jeans down. His eyes had a hungry yet unsatisfied glaze over them.

"I know he made you cry," Natsu said as he slipped his hands underneath her thighs, working his way up underneath her butt, "I don't wanna see you cry. At least, not like that."

Lucy's chest tightened as he felt one of his hands grab onto the flesh on her backside. He pushed her up a little as his other hand tugged down her pants. How was it possible for someone to be so forceful yet so gentle?

She couldn't just sit there; the blonde adjusted her hips ever so slightly, and the denim tucked in Natsu's fist came down from her waist and around her thighs as he pulled on it. She swore she saw the corners of his mouth tug upwards.

"I don't mind if you cry, Luce. Sometimes, I want to make you cry." Natsu admitted, his voice still strong and clear as ever. Her long legs tucked up into her chest as the pink haired boy pulled the jeans the rest of the way off them. The denim slumped to the floor as he let them go.

Lucy grit her teeth together. Just hearing him say that made it a little hard to breathe. Panic began to wash over her, but she couldn't stand to move.

"It's not how you think though, I promise." Natsu murmured. His fingers stroked over her lingerie in fascination. "When I say I want to make you cry..."

His voice trailed off again, his imagination getting too far ahead of him. Lucy squirmed under his touch as Natsu's fingers wrapped around the hem of her panties, pulling it gentle to the side. Cold hair hit her newly exposed flesh, making her shiver uncomfortably.

Natsu drew his hand away from her, discretely licking his tongue over them gently. "I mean it in the best possible way, Luce. I want you to feel so good you cry."

His fingers pressed up against her center, his already warm skin dampened with saliva. The blonde's silky legs tensed up on either side of Natsu. Neither of them were sure if that was good or bad, but Natsu was determined to find out.