with love, natsu

to lucy,

i miss you.

well, not yet. you've only been gone three days so far. i know how unromantic that must sound, but i'm sure you understand how long i can sleep when i put my mind to it. i've really only been awake for maybe twenty four hours these three days, so on my part, i consider you only to be gone for one day. i cheated the system.

i hope hawaii is working out so far. if you didn't escape from your tour group in order to go stargazing at night, then i think i must not know you at all. you totally did, didn't you? how were they? did you imagine they were your eyes like i told you? that's truly what they look like - only the night sky isn't brown. though maybe it is over mauna kea? i don't know, never been. tell me when you get home.

i wanted to be angry at you for not wanting me to come on this trip with you, but i couldn't bring myself to. you needed to learn what it's like to be alone and be happy while you do it. for that, i'm proud. you have just been alone for so long that i was skeptical. maybe it's me who needs to learn to be alone a little.

you and gray are really rubbing off on me with all this poetic crap. i hate it, i'm not meant to be this smart. maybe i should go finally eat all those cookies you, jellal and emily made for me before you left. they look really good...

speaking of jellal, he got his ankle bracelet off. you should've seen how excited he was to take emily to the park while wearing the cloak i got him and pretending he was batman.

basically i just wanted to write you because you have this obsession with those old-school romance books where they fly pigeons back and forth and crap to send love notes. i'll settle for direct mail, though. gray wanted to write you something, and he did, but i didn't feel special sharing this moment so i threw it in the trash. you can read it when you get home?

he was probably just talking about himself and loke, anyway. gag me, they're adorable. do you think they're cuter than us? you're definitely cuter than gray, but loke has this roguish kind of charm and you told me i'm too boyish. they're our couple enemy, i don't think we should double date with them anymore.

where am i even going with this? i can't think about anything except for those cookies now. oh, i remember. i love you. and i'm starting to (kinda) miss you as i keep writing this. i guess i'll have to go finish reading my dad's journal to take my mind off it.

i know how cliché we must seem, with the broken girl and the boy who wanted to fix her. they ought to make a book about us. i think you'd read the hell out of it. unless this is a book and i just broke the fourth wall...

have fun on your trip to see the stars, and maybe one day you'll take me to see them so we can share the sky.

with love,
natsu