sept

my heart skipped a beat as i quickly withdrew my hands away from him. he looked flustered for a bit, and i took this chance to run to the other side of the room and stayed there. the good thing was, hoseok was sleeping so i didn't had any distraction.

my cheeks were still flushing at his statement. i shouldn't be feeling this way. in fact, i should never even feel this way.

i hated him, i hated his guts, i hated how dirty he was, and i hated everything, every single thing about him.

i instantly regretted when i looked up. there he was again, smiling so brightly ever like nobody or nothing was brighter than him.

---

we were finally released after 24 hours and officer jeon stood in front of us as he smirked at hoseok. "so, did anything unholy happen?"

hoseok scoffed, "i was too tired to even do that."

officer jeon nudged him playfully and slapped the back of his head. "i hope to never see you again."

"i never wanted to see you, anyways."

hoseok left and officer jeon, that beggar, and me were still here. officer jeon gave the both of us a smile before leaving and now, it was just the two of us left.

i could still remember yesterday's events and i definitely did not want to walk with him. in my peripheral vision, i saw the body guards standing near the entrance of the police station. i walked towards there and left that beggar there alone as i went back to the shop.

---

business was doom as usual. my business was never good, anyways. but the good thing was, the customers were just a little more than last time.

i plopped my elbow on the counter to support my chin. i was on the verge of falling asleep since the past few days, i haven't been sleeping properly.

surprisingly, that beggar didn't come to pester me or sleep outside my shop anymore. i think he has gone to another street since the security guards have kicked him away.

well, not that i miss him anyways.

just then, a customer came strolled inside the shirt. he was dressed black from head to toe, including a cap and shades.

he went to the pens and pencils section. i stood up, ready to serve him once he finished choosing his items. but then, just about few minutes later, he walked out of the shop hastily.

i sighed as i sat down again.

"get out of here right now!" another voice exclaimed. i looked up and saw that it was that irritating beggar again.

"no, this is my shop—"

"cho youn, just get out of here right now! it is not safe here!" he shouted at me. i scoffed as i crossed my arms, not wanting to move from my spot.

"please cho youn, just listen to me!"

"this is my shop, and i definitely know that it's safe, why are you making things up—"

i suddenly heard a loud explosion and that beggar crouched down along with me as he hugged me tightly. his back was facing the stationeries and the next thing i knew, all the stationeries flew towards us as i shut my eyes tightly.

as i opened it again, i saw that actually that beggar defended me from the stationeries' attack. he himself was being hit by the stationeries.

"cho youn," he panted as he was still trying to catch his breath. "are you okay?"

"that's why i told you to run out of the shop. that person who entered your shop just now placed a bomb at the pens section," he continued.

i opened my mouth but closed again as i knew that i wrongly accused him. i felt apologetic and guilty.

"but nonetheless, the most important thing is that, you are okay."

-

i feel that this story is going downhill /: