From a Distance.

"You out?" Daryl asked Rick from his bike, as he walked toward him. The group had pulled over on the side of the road and were all now congregating at the front, beside him.

"Running on fumes."

"We can't stay here." Maggie stepped forward.

"We can't all fit in one car." Glenn pointed out.

"We'll have to make a run for some gas in the morning." Rick told them, looking around for walkers, cars or shelter.

"Spend the night here?" Carol asked, obviously a little uncomfortable about the situation.

"I'm freezing." Carl complained.

"We'll build a fire, yeah?" Lori asked with a nod.

"You go out looking for firewood, stay close." Daryl told them pointedly. He couldn't bear losing another group member so soon. "I've only got so many arrows. How you doing on ammo?" He asked Rick, as he rifled through his things.

"Not enough." Rick grumbled in reply.

"We can't just sit here with our asses hanging out." Maggie moaned.

"Watch your mouth. Everyone stop panicking and listen to Rick." Hershel said firmly.

"All right, we'll set up a perimeter. In the morning, we'll find gas and some supplies. We'll keep pushing on." He informed the group, but Maggie lifted her gun closer against her chest defensively, and suggested,

"Glenn and I can go make a run now, try and scrounge up some gas."

Rick shook his head, "No, we stay together. God forbid something happens and people get stranded without a car." He snapped.

Glenn stood forward and sighed, "Rick, we're stranded now."

"I know it looks bad, we've all been through hell and worse, but at least we found each other. I wasn't sure- I really wasn't... but we did. We're together. We keep it that way. We'll find shelter somewhere. There's gotta be a place." He said, the hope etched throughout his words.

"Rick, look around. Okay? There's walkers everywhere. They're migrating or something." Glenn argued.

"-There's gotta be a place not just where we hole up, but that we fortify, hunker down, pull ourselves together, build a life for each other. I know it's out there. We just have to find it."

"Even if we do find a place and we think it's safe..." Maggie began, receiving the coldest glare from Rick as she started speaking again. 

"We can never be sure- For how long? Look what happened with the farm. We fooled ourselves into thinking that that was safe."

"We won't make that mistake again." Hershel stopped her, with a determined expression on his face.

"We'll make camp tonight over there," Rick pointed off the road into a wooded area with a broken down stone building, "...get on the road at the break of day."

"Does this feel right to you?" Carol crossed her arms and looked to Daryl, who practically ignored her, his mind elsewhere.

Beth stepped forward to Rick bravely, "What if walkers come through, or another group like Randall's?"

"You know I found Randall, right? He had turned, but he wasn't bit." Daryl interjected.

"How's that possible?" Beth asked, looking worriedly from Daryl to Rick for answers.

"Rick, what the hell happened?"

"Shane killed Randall. Just like he always wanted to." Daryl said, and Rick slowly nodded once.