7.0

Kate rushed to first period Monday morning to find Rosalie already sitting in her usual seat. Over the past couple weeks the two girls had grown to have a mutual respect of one another. Neither would call the other their friend but they liked each other more than the usual abhorrence they had for many of their classmates.

Kate threw down her books next to the girl and immediately began talking.

"Rose what are we going to do?"

Rosalie looked sharply at her, "There's nothing we can do. Carlisle is letting Edward make his own decisions. Can't you control that sister of yours?"

Kate scoffed, "As if."

"Well, Edward is obsessed with her."

"How obsessed?" she looked at the blonde sharply.

Rosalie glowered, "Did you know he goes to your house every night to watch Bella sleep?"

"He does what?!" Kate yelled.

Many of the students including the teacher turned and looked sharply at her. She gave them a hurried sorry before turning back to Rosalie.

"He does what?" she asked more quietly.

Rosalie nodded, "It's sick, really."

"It's not your house he's breaking into," Kate muttered, "Well if its any consolation, which it isn't, Bella seems to be just as obsessed with him. He's all she talks about. It's a bit annoying actually."

"They're going to get us all killed if they're not careful."

"Agreed," Kate said opening up her books.

After school Kate bounced around the house waiting for her sister to arrive home. At every sound or disturbance she would glance at the door waiting for Bella to walk in.

It was just after six o'clock when Bella walked through the door.

"Where the hell have you been? I was worried he'd eaten you or something," Kate panicked.

Bella had this dazed and confused look on her face but she was otherwise unharmed. She didn't look at Kate but continued up to her room. Kate followed her sister giving her a lecture the whole way upstairs on how she should have called her.

"I love him," she muttered suddenly.

Kate stopped in her tracks, "What?"

Bella finally met her gaze, "I'm in love with a vampire."

"Bella, you don't know him. How can you be in love with him?"

"I am."

Kate just turned out of the room and went to her own room just to slam the door. She collapsed onto her bed and screamed into her pillow. She almost laughed at her own stupidity. In all honesty, she was not mad at her sister for being with a vampire. Hell, Kate was a siren that was friends with vampires and werewolves. But how Bella could already be in love with a boy she did not know. What actually bothered Kate was her lack of faith in Edward's control. She felt like any second the life could be drained out of her sister and that didn't make Kate happy.

The next morning at school Kate got a ride from Jessica seeing as how Edward was bright and early to pick up his new girlfriend. Once they reached the school parking lot, Kate practically jumped out of the car and made a beeline for the Cullens who all sat in Rosalie's red convertible waiting for Edward and Bella to arrive. None of the Cullens looked perturbed by her presence. Maybe it was the fact that they were all supernatural but Kate did not know.

"So did he pick her up," Emmett asked her when she leaned against the hood of the car.

"Yup," Kate said lowly.