Chapter 3: "An Aston Martin Man"

I couldn't sleep at all that night. Thoughts of Mads and the events of that day had raced in multiple circles within my mind. I replayed the entire situation out at least a million times. I thought of things that I should have said, but didn't say and things that I did say, but shouldn't have said. I was hopelessly head-over-heels for this man and had no control of my feelings when I was around him. With this in mind, I was just as equally excited as I was terrified to work with him on set the next morning. But no matter my feelings, I had to learn how to keep myself stable and act as casual as I possibly could when on set.

As the sun rose, I wanted to spend every free moment that I had making myself look PERFECT. My appearance was like a chemical formula, everything had to be correctly balanced. I had to be sexy and tempting, yet sophisticated and ready for work. And I MOST CERTAINLY could not look like I was trying too hard. Otherwise, he would catch on. I put on my cutest pair of jeans, a form-fitting blouse, and high-heeled leather boots. I kept my hair down naturally; luckily, it curls rather nicely on its own.

With a few touches of lip gloss and foundation here and there, I eventually left the apartment and made my way to Universal. Once there, I scurried off to the set where Arnie and Mads were the day before as I became lost within an enormous swarm of people. Arnie's cast and crew ended up being much larger than I had imagined.

Arnie popped-up out from the crowd of people, "Elise! Elise! I'm so glad that you are here. Come on over, I want you to meet someone."

I pushed my way through the crowd and over to Arnie. He was standing next to a very tall, rather scrawny man; it was as if the man and Arnie were complete polar opposites in appearance.

"This is Samuel Robinson. Remember? The one I was telling you about? The director?"

Yes, the cause of our entire encounter. The man who you were trying to 'play a joke' on. How could I have forgotten?

"Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Robinson." I reached out and shook his hand.

His voice was strangely deep. "Wonderful to meet you ... uh... Elise, is it?"

"Yes."

"Ah, yes. A great pleasure, Elise. But please! Call me Sam."

Arnie interrupted, as I could tell he did so famously, "I'm the only one who refers to him as Robinson. Mostly, because it irks him."

"How sweet of you, Arnie." I smirked sarcastically.

"Yes, how sweet." Sam rolled his eyes. "See? This is the exact same behavior that resulted in my leaving early yesterday. Arnie, we need less joking around and more collaborative working."

"Eh... you're just stuck up is all." Arnie joked once more.

I could see the anger in Sam's eyes trying ever so hard to stay relaxed. Wanting to stay out of the crossfire that was about to erupt, I slowly began to take steps back.....

One step........ two steps..... thr-.. wait. There's someone behind me.

They tapped my shoulder and I turned around to face them.

"Hello Elise." Mads stood directly in front of me with the sweetest, slightest grin. I stood there in complete silence, but managed to return an inkling of a smile.

He put his mouth to my ear, gliding his cheek against mine. "Come with me." he whispered.

Mads took my hand and I followed him outside.... all the way out to the parking lot.

"Where are we going?"

"Breakfast." he answered subtly.

"Breakfast? But what about the film... and Arnie and Sam?"

"Please, you wanted to be away from that boiling argument just as much as I."

"Well yes, but don't we have to be there?"

"Not if we are getting breakfast." he grinned.

I was in awe once we had finally reached his car.

A car just as beautiful as the man who owned it.

An ASTON MARTIN... chrome colored.

He opened the door for me and I carefully got in; yet, I could not even fathom the insane surreality. Not only was I was in what was among the most expensive cars in the world, but I was in it with Mads Mikkelsen.

"Wait a minute," I said as he started the engine. "How did you know that I didn't have breakfast?"

"I didn't. But, I needed an excuse." he shrugged and we drove off.