Chapter 52 War council

Start from the beginning

“War?” Yuna gasped, “what… what happened at the meeting?”

“I don’t know the details,” Tsuyoshi said, “I only know that all shinobi villages are to gather their finest ninja. We are meeting with the council now. They’ll tell us what to do.”

“I… I can’t leave now,” Yuna said, “my brother is missing, my mother won’t live through it if I go as well. The same goes for the Shiraki family, with Kuro. Who will protect the villages?”

“Souta Shiraki will remain in the village to watch out for any messages. The council will decide who will go to the Kazekage’s side. Let’s wait for their decision.”

***

Taryn leaned against a rock wall to catch her breath. She was dead tired, but she had to go on. When she and Sasuke had clashed, she had seen what was on his mind. It wasn’t too late yet. There was a pain she recognized. And even though she knew he wouldn’t listen to her now, she hoped that if she got him away from Madara long enough, she’d be able to talk some sense into him. He wasn’t so different from her, how she used to be.

‘Okay, enough rest. I need to find him quick.’

A soft chuckle made her look up. She stared at the cloaked figure that was standing not far from her.

“Who are you?” she demanded.

“You don’t recognize me?” the man asked, “I’m hurt.” He let down his hood.

Taryn stared at him in horror. What had he done to himself? Half of his body was covered in scales, even his eyes had turned to slits, though he was still wearing glasses. There was something sinister about him that hadn’t been there before.

“Kabuto,” she whispered.

Kabuto laughed darkly and Taryn silently wondered if he was completely sane. What had he done? Injected himself with Orochimaru’s DNA?

Kabuto smirked when he noticed her look. “Like my new appearance?” he asked, “I have a lot more power now. More than you could ever imagine. You won’t think so little of me now. The world will learn to fear me instead of ridicule me.”

“Have you lost our mind?” Taryn asked.

“You always said Orochiamru-sama would never accept me as a vessel,” Kabuto said, “but look at me now. Now I have access to his power. I’m finally complete. We are finally one.”

“You’re just as sick as he,” Taryn spat, “experimenting on our own body and that of others. No good will come of it. It’s disturbing.”

“Speak those who do not understand,” Kabuto said, “you always looked down on me, Taryn. Now I will make you pay for that.” He moved with the speed of light and slammed her against the rock wall.

Taryn gasped for breath and kicked him off. She landed a few hits with her Gentle Fists, but jumped out of the way when he breathed a toxic cloud at her. ‘Snake poison?’ She gasped,.

He grinned at her and threw a few senbon needles at her. Taryn quickly used Kaiten to protect herself. She knew she couldn’t keep it up forever and the moment she came to a halt, she was hit by a new set of needles. Her arm and knee went numb and she stumbled to the ground.

Taryn gritted her teeth and glared at him. ‘I won’t let you win. I won’t die by your hands.’ She rolled out of the way when snake tried to snap at her. Quickly she pulled the needles out of her arm and leg and crawled up. She used a fireball jutsu to destroy the snake.

She couldn’t put much weight on her one leg, but if she stayed down on the ground, it would be over.

She threw a wind attack in Kabuto’s direction, but Kabuto changed into a log of wood before it hit.