Dance

“C’mon hurry up!”

“Don’t be so loud or they’ll see us!”

“Quick out the back!”

We quietly creeped down hallways with grey carpeting and white walls- ducking behind vending machines and potted plants as we stalked forwards. We crept down the damp stairwell which smelled like a cellar and honestly creeped me out. I was with you and Jane and we were attempting to sneak out of our dorm. It was quite funny to be honest- three girls in heels and dresses trying to act like James Bond.

It wasn’t the safest thing either- I had wobbled and nearly fallen over too many times to count and Unnie practically tripped over her own dress.

And don’t even get me started on the masks that obstructed half of our vision.

“Why don’t we want them to see us again?” I whine when we finally get outside and walk towards school.

“1. Because I told them we’d meet them there.   2. because I didn’t want them to see us until we’re  under the full affect of the lights and music and-“

I wave my hand in front of her face to get her to stop. She had gotten this far away look in her eyes and I was afraid  she would trip over something if she wasn’t paying attention. You see, all three of us had a sleepover in our dorm so that we could prepare together for the dance and Jane hadn't let us talk to the boys once during that period because it was 'bad luck'. Was this a school dance or a wedding??

“Careful Unnie! We don’t want to ruin these dresses we worked so hard to find!” I scold.

“Remember that little boutique we got them at? It was adorable!” Luna smiles at Jane and pokes her stomach.

“You wouldn’t stop eating the sample cookies!”

“But they were sooo good!” Jane rubs her stomach and pouts. I giggle remembering the hard time we had finding the dresses.

*Flashback*

“No, No, No, Hell no, I’m not a hooker, no ,no ….” I search through the racks of dresses at the store pulling each one out to inspect before putting them away dejected.

“All these dresses look the same!” Luna whines as she frowned at her measly collection of dresses. She was right.

“I bet every girl in the school shopped here” Jane groans as she puts away one of the better dresses just as we saw a girl in our class purchase it at the counter.

“We need something…Unique!” I express.

“And different” Luna adds

“and individual- like us!” Jane finishes as we walk dejectedly out of the store

“My feet are killing me!” Jane sits down and massages her heel. I scoff.

“Then you shouldn’t have worn heels when we’d be walking all over the mall” I roll my eyes.

“Someone’s cranky” Unnie mumbles and I sigh.

“Sorry…just tired.” We started walking again but this time something caught my eye.

“Wait. Since when has that been here?” I point to a little shop at the corner of the mall. It’s sign had pink stripes with ‘Strictly You’ written in yellow cursive.

“Seems like our last hope” Jane shrugs and we head in the little store. The whole store smelled of Vanilla and sugar cookies and I soon saw why when I saw the plate of cookies on a little table.