Photoshoot

Maria’s POV

I was unpacking my viola from its case in the orchestra room along with the other students in my class.  While music was always my favorite class hands down- it did have some drawbacks. For example: every jealous fangirl around me was armed with a bow, trust me- you have not known fear until you have to dodge angry girls with pointy sticks. its scary stuff. I was ecstatic that I had gotten first chair in my section though Unnie and the others said they weren’t surprised in the slightest.  I was just sitting down in my seat when a blonde head poked through the door. Already knowing who it was- every girl in the room instantly started screeching and I literally had to catch a violin a girl had thrown aside as she stood up. Ren smiled shyly and asked the teacher in Korean if I could be excused (I was understanding more Korean every day thanks to my private sessions with Unnie) I jumped up, relieved- my ribs were thankful they wouldn’t get stabbed with wood today. I quickly followed Ren out the door.

“So, what’s up?” I ask-peeking at him from the corner of my eye. He smiled at me and I looked away quickly, embarrassed about getting caught.

“Surprise! We have a photo shoot today and a busy week so we probably won’t go to school much” Ren explained. Wow- life rocks.

“Photo-shoots instead of school? However will I survive?” I say sarcastically as we meet up with the others outside the building.  We all piled in the bus and Manager hyung briefed us on what kind of magazine we were modeling for (a teen one- big surprise)  but don’t get me wrong- I’m a girl so I’m ecstatic! Ren- not so much.

“Ren what’s wrong? Do you not like photo-shoots?” I nudged him with my elbow and he let out a big sigh.

“He’s just sulking because they always make him wear his hair down and look like a girl.” Baekho chuckled.

“YAH! I DO NOT LOOK LIKE A GIRL!” Ren threw his water bottle at Baekho’s head, which he dodged easily.

“Touchy- aren’t we Rennie?”

“Don’t call me Rennie!”

“I haven’t seen your hair down since your teaser! I forget what it looks like” I admit not noticing Ren’s face taking on the color of a tomato.

“You forget? Here I have the video right-“ JR whipped out his phone- but was stopped when Ren tackled him into the aisle.

“WE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF IT” Ren hissed, as JR wiggled his finger in front of Rens face.

“Now Ren, why would I ever show anyone a video that I KNOW you’re embarrassed of? Unless of course you had done something to annoy me- like taking my new shoes without asking for instance? Or ignoring clean up duty? ”

 JR raised his brows and from there I tuned out their bickering and just reviewed today’s Korean lesson with Unnie. We FINALLY arrived in about twenty minutes, JR and Ren still shoving each other now and then, but I lost sight of them when the stylists started swarming us. I was taken to a separate room and was quickly changed into the prettiest dress I have ever seen:

(I want)

They slightly curled my hair and I was set to go! I stepped out and wasn’t surprised that everyone was done except I didn’t see Ren…I guess he’s not done yet

“God what is it with you and taking so long?” Aron complained and I smacked him lightly on the head

“Well sorry I’m a girl- it takes longer” I stepped back and took a look at them- they were dressed mostly in light colors so I guess that was the theme. I was just about to ask were Ren was when I heard a slight huff from behind me. I turn around and I feel my eyes almost pop out of my head. Ren stood in white skinny jeans and a white blazer with a light pink shirt that matched my dress. His hair was down like he had predicted and it fell around his shoulders like an angels would. Our eyes met and we just stood there- gazing at each other. Ren looked as if he were about to say something but changed his mind.

“And…cue the doves” Minhyun rolled his eyes but before I could turn away, embarrassed, a voice broke my trance.

“OKAY LET’S GET THIS PHOTOSHOOT STARTED!” A guy who was , er, uniquely dressed escorted us outside where the set was. I was glad I brought a book to read because we started with individuals which took FOREVER because there were a million props they wanted us to use. When it was finally my turn I nervously went up not really sure what my first prop would be. It didn’t disappoint. They gave me an old fashioned white bike with a basket filled with pink and white roses and had me ride it towards the camera (let’s not mention the times I almost ran them over shall we?) They then gave me little things- a rose to play with or a strawberry to eat. Oh by the way when they say ‘eat the strawberry’ they mean to pretend to eat it. I had to down half my water bottle to get the wax taste out of my mouth while Unnie and the rest of Nu’est was doubled over in laughter. We moved on to our group photo where JR and I stood back to back and the others in a ‘V’ shape behind us. They then had the members pick me up so I was parallel to the ground, my head propped up on the elbow that Minhyun was holding.

“See? Even here your pampered, princess” Baekho teased.

When we finished with group photos we apparently had time left over so we did pairs. Aron and Minhyun posed and JR and Baekho did charismatic stances. Wait if they’re in that pair then that means I’m with…

“We’re up” Ren smiled shyly at me as my heart pounded in my chest. We stood there awkwardly awaiting the photographer’s orders as he looked at us with a thoughtful expression. We did all sorts of poses that were really fun like me on his back, or us sitting cross-legged back to back and looking at each other. Then it was time for our final shot.

“Ren, pick Maria up bridal style” the photographer guy ordered and I let out a slight gasp as I felt myself lift off the ground. I turned my face towards Ren only to realize how close he was. We shyly smiled at each other- both our cheeks turning a soft shade of pink.

*SNAP*

“PERFECT! BEST PHOTO YET!” the photographer cheered as we looked at him startled. Had we unknowingly posed for the picture? I guess so! I ignored Unnie’s smug expression as I went back and got changed into my uniform again. I followed everyone back to the bus and sat with Unnie and Ren on either side of me.

“Hey you did great!” I complimented Ren and he smiled.

“Yeah you looked- um – did great too! You were very erm, pink” He stuttered

“LAME” JR ‘coughed’  into his elbow and looked away innocently as we glared at him.

“Hey I forgot to ask you” I said turning back to Ren “What did you mean before- about a busy week?”

“Well tomorrow we’re going to spend all day learning a dance for Hello Venus and then be in their music video so we’ll have to work hard, and then the next day we have an interview” He sighed “Yay for no sleep” He said sarcastically. I, however, was bouncing with excitement.

“Finally! Some excitement’s about to begin” I cheered.