First Day

Ren’s POV

‘Wow?’ that’s the only thing can say Ren? Idiot! You even stuttered! I chastised myself the whole car ride. ‘Besides- she looks much better then wow…’ I risked a glance at her- Jane had put a hand on her shoulder and was reassuring her that at least one of us would be in all her classes. The thought cheered me up as well and I smiled to myself. We came to a stop in front of the building and Manager Hyung started a little lecture about us keeping a ‘low profile’ but then seeing how we were dressed he just shook his head and waved us off.

“Have fun” He laughed- I don’t know why- I thought we all looked pretty cool if I do say so myself. I took a deep breath, stepped onto the sidewalk- and almost died.

Maria’ POV

“Well- they’re dead” I sighed as the guys were instantly swept away by screaming girls in our school’s uniforms.

“Yep…never seeing them again” Unni laughed and held her arm out to me “Shall we?” I nodded

“Let’s strut our stuff Unni” we interlocked arms and almost runway walked into the building. I saw heads turn as we walked by and it was all I could do not to put my head down and run away. We went to the office to get our schedules- and there we met back up with the guys who looked frazzled to say the least. A sudden thought hit me and I laughed out loud making everyone look at me curiously.

“If you thought THAT was bad…wait till lunch.” Their faces paled and I grinned.

“Wait… why do I have an English class?” Aron says looking at his schedule- I looked at mine too “I do too- let me ask if I can take Korean instead.”

“Yeah that MIGHT be a good idea” JR said sarcastically. "seeing how we are in...Korea" I rolled my eyes.

“Hey I know some Korean! Unni’s been my teacher!” I purposely say in Korean- earning a few claps I bowed dramatically and went and talked to the principal who said Unni could drop her class and tutor me during that period starting tomorrow. Yes! I told Unni the good news and started towards my first class- Math which I had with JR and Ren. We walked in and the teacher asked us to introduce ourselves.

“Hello, I’m JR- please take care of me!” JR bowed and winked at a group of girls who screamed. Pffft no dignity. Ren also introduced himself- his words followed by cheers from the girls. They were really starting to annoy me…

“Hey- I’m Maria- I hope we become good friends!” I say and bow like the others- and to my surprise I earn whistles and catcalls from the boys. I could feel my face getting red and I saw Ren clench his fists out of the corner of my eye. All right! Jealousy time! The teacher showed us our seats- Ren and I shared a table next to JR with two boys in front of us.  They turned around in their seats once we sat down.

“Hey baby- you’re new around here aren’t you” the one directly in front of me winked. Whoa- was I being hit on? I wouldn't know seeing as I have NO experience with these things.

“Her name’s Maria” Ren said- glaring. The guy ignored him. I could see JR rocking with silent laughter next to us.

“Y-yeah I’m from the states” I clarified. HOW DOES ONE 'FLIRT'? god i'm failing at this. The guy however didn't seem to notice my lack of smoothness. 

“Foreign- I like that” I felt my eyes widen as he turned back around as class started. Ren looked as if he was restraining himself from pouncing on the guy- I don’t know why this made me happy but whatever.

The next couple periods went like this until lunch when we all fought the crowds and managed to grab seats. Everyone around us was taking pictures of us or staring at us from behind their lunches. It was cool and creepy all at the same time. Unni and I were honored with death glares from girls and more catcalls from the boys. Both Ren and Baekho looked as if they could tackle them but Aron held them back while Unni and I pretended we didn’t see anything.