Chapter 18: Accident-prone

Start from the beginning

          “I didn’t say I didn’t like it dearest,” Michelle said from behind me, “I just said it wasn’t my color. The only color for me is blue.”

          Michelle finished off her sentence with a twirl of her elegant light blue dress that flowed flawlessly just over her knees. I did have to admit that the whole blue house inside and out thing was kind of bizarre, but blue was definitely Michelle’s color. It matched her deep blue eyes and pale blond hair almost perfectly. I couldn’t imagine her in anything else, but then again, what the hell did I know about fashion?

          “So Josephine, what do you say? Should we take a dip in the water? The sun is perfectly aligned in the sky and the water looks simply divine.” Mr. Miginacoli said in a voice that sent shivers up and down my spine. I could tell he was trying to be a little more than nice to me, but honestly all he was doing was making me feel more awkward than anything. I couldn’t describe it; he was only a couple years older than Kamen. He wasn’t scary looking or anything, in fact he was quite handsome for is age. He had chiseled and tone features and a bright white smile that could be seen from miles away. It was just the way he looked at me all the time and talked or even brushed his hand accidently against mine that made me feel uneasy. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I completely walked in on him…..yeah, that’s probably it.

          “Um, no thanks Mr. Miginacoli, I—“

          “Please,” Mr. Miginacoli gripped my hand tightly and brought it up to his perfectly plump lips. I looked down to see that Mr. Miginacoli was wearing a blue button up shirt open and I was getting a front row seat of his less than perfect abs. I shoulders stiffened as he whispered so quietly that I was positive his wife that was right behind us couldn’t hear, “call me Jett.”

          “Sure thing,” I said quickly while ripping my hand away quietly and muttering, “Only if you don’t call me Josephine.”

          “What was that?”

          “Oh nothing, I just said I didn’t bring a suit. It completely slipped my mind. Oh well,” I said forcing a smile onto my lips.

          “You can borrow one of mine!” Michelle cheered and gripped my arm almost knocking both of us other. She reminded me exactly of an excided three year old about to get candy, “You would look so great in blue, Jo!”

          “Thanks Michelle, but it took me forever to, um, get my hair this way.” I said pointing to my flat and ratted hair, “I don’t want to ruin it.”

          Michelle pouted and reluctantly and, to my relief, said we didn’t have to swim.

          “Well then, if it isn’t swimming you fancy then let’s take a ride on my boat, shall we?” Jett said grinning my way.

          I felt the urge to shrivel up into a ball once again.

          “Yay, a boat ride! How splendid! What a great idea, Jetts!” Michelle cheered, her blonde hair flipping crazily over her shoulders.

          “Orlando,” Jett looked up towards the house, “I think the girls would fancy a boat ride. It would be nice to get some fresh air in this heat, don’t you agree?”

          My eyes traveled up and landed on Kamen who I had almost completely forgotten was here the moment Michelle led me to the beach right in her backyard. He was sitting in the shade on a florescent blue beach chair and had his formal jacket taken off and a white button down shirt on. I have no idea when or where Kamen had gotten the sleek black glasses he was now wearing over his eyes, but in a way it made him look more laid back, like a normal guy his age just hanging out at the beach. For once he didn’t look all worried and stressed out like some old business man. He looked hot.