5) The Distraction

Start from the beginning

Take it, leave it. Take it, leave it. Take it...

"Dinner is ready!" Mail lee announces from the kitchen. Damit, I'm too late.

"You're coming?" Tyler asked as he stood up.

"Yeah, I guess," I sigh following him.

"Don't worry," Jody says, walking besides me, "Tee isn't that bad really. She's just...very protective with her art."

She must thought that I am thinking about the pink tree. Which is seeming not to be a great example of a distraction.

We weren't the first three to the table, a black girl with short frizzy hair was sitting in the middle.

She glanced at the three of us and smiled at me.

"Margo, isn't it?" she says. I was about to nod in reply, when suddenly a three small girls bustled in, one of them being the ginger girl, watching TV earlier. I look at the amount of seats set out. Seventeen. Great, I have only properly met a quarter of them.

I sit at the face of the table, so I get a good view of everyone that lives here. I gaze to Tyler and Jody who sit on either sides of me. Good, it looks like I am the weak, nice girl; they will obviously take my side, just like my dad says.

Why can't I keep him out of my mind today! I was perfectly fine yesterday, and if anything I should have been wrapped about him then. I can't be upset that he's gone. There must be another explanation why the bastard is staying in my brain.

The table was almost full by now. Tee had already sat down, but she wasn't taking any notice of me, but keeping her copper eyes on Carmen, rolling her eyes at her every now and then. Seemed like she was cornering her anger at the brown haired girl than at me, at least I still look innocent.

My mind was still on my dad, when Mai lee gently patted my back.

"Could you help me put the rest of the food on the table?" she asked. I nod in response; desperately trying to find a diversion from my thoughts.

I pick up the plate of chips on the kitchen counter and place them in the centre of the table, which just happened to be in front of Tee. I was waiting for her to roll her eyes, snigger or any type of reaction. But there wasn't anything. A good thing, right?

I was about to pick up the next serving of food, when I hear shouting from the living room.

"But Mike, I mean it. I couldn't have just used ten quid in one go!" exclaims a boy.

"Well, I guess you're just going have to save up." Mike responds.

Oh no. Why did that voice sound so familiar? Before I was able to register what was happening, the door opens.

Beside Mike there was a scruffy brown haired boy. The boy who I stole money off. The boy who I hacked. The boy who will became my distraction.

__________________________________________________________

I stare at the soggy chips still on my plate, not wanting to swallow the damp food; even though I have skipped breakfast today. I glance at Ryan once again, who's probably trying to figuring out where he has seen me. His brow was furrowed, as his two inquisitive eyes stared back at me. I quickly look back at my food.

Maybe I will get lucky? My hair was blue then, my clothes were different and I wasn't wearing any make up. He could be not concentrating on my face and instead maybe on something outside, or been distracted my some other news. I could be the last person on his mind.

He was still staring.

"Do you want the rest of that," Tyler asks, disturbing the tornado of excuses storming in my mind.

"No, not that hungry," I murmur, shoving the plate in his direction.

Tyler was about to dive into the debris of my dinner when Jody stopped him.

"Wait!" she whispered at him angrily, "do you really not want it. You haven't eaten much food."

My glance goes back to Ryan, he hasn't finished his food yet either. Maybe I could go before he notices.

"Yeah seriously, its fine." I say pouring the contents of my plate into Tyler's. I stand from my chair, scraping it in the process. Ryan looks up at me again, and I try to not look at his dark pupils, walking to the sink to wash my platter.

"You're not meant to get up from the table unless we have all finished eating," a boy squealed from behind me. I turn to see Mo behind me.

"Not everyone follows the rules squirt," I sigh putting my dish in the dryer.

"You know I have a name?" he says following me.

"No, really?" I sarcastically remark, strolling into my temporary bedroom.

"Are you not going to sit back down?"

"Uhgrr..."I roll my eyes.

I have never meet the victim again. Out of hundred times I have done it, I never have seem them. I meet the sufferer, do the act and then it's done and their silhouettes has faded away in my memory along with the other lost faces that have been affected.

And I never get caught.

Authors Note:

I hope you have enjoyed the next chapter of The Girl No One Gets, when Margo finally gets to meet Ryan (again!)

I know the picture this time might seem a bit random this time, but it's what I see goes on inside of Margo's mind...but I will leave it with you on how you interrupt it.

Remember to rate if you enjoyed and comment for improvements!

Love

K