3

"Neverland?" Lauren asked incredulously at the girl flying carelessly across the room. "And why should I? Or even believe that such place exists?"

"Why shouldn't you?" The other girl countered with a smirk, she hovered over Lauren up in the air.

Lauren shook her head, since the first time they met Camila rarely gave her straight answers. She was rather carefree and jovial. Everything about the girl screamed adventure.

"Camila I've only known you for a while," Lauren deadpanned. "How do you expect me to trust you and run away?"

"Fine, get to know me then!" Camila grinned cheekily. "Ask away."

"Where are you from?"

"You already asked that, silly." Camila floated lazily in the air, lying on her back and knees bent perpendicularly, a leg over the other whilst her hands behind her head.

"Right. Hmmm...let's see, how about age?"

Camila passed in the air for a moment, contemplating her answer. Maybe she should stall. "What about my age?"

"Your age, like how old you are? How many years it's been since you were born?"

Camila shrugs indifferently and grins when she sees Lauren roll her eyes and groan in light frustration. "See? You won't even answer my questions, how am I supposed to get to know you then? Or even trust you?"

"I'm just messing with you Lauren," Camila replies before she floats down and sits inches in front of her crossed-leg. Lauren's eyebrows furrow together, her lips slightly pouting before the former reaches out and taps her nose. Lauren crinkles her nose and she hears Camila giggle. "Don't do that, you're beautiful,"

Lauren's cheeks turn bright red and she's so darn thankful the only light visible was the lamp on the far corner of her room and bright full moon in the night sky. She hasn't been called beautiful in a long time or even have someone take a single second to look at her. She lifts her eyes up and examines the girl before her, every feature, with a strange feeling in her stomach. Camila must've noticed her staring because the next thing she knows the smalled girl is slowly backing away and Lauren immediately panics. What if she frightened her? Damnit Lauren.

"Oh uhm yeah, your age!" Lauren changes the topic abruptly and lets out a forced chuckle. Camila doesn't sense the awkwardness though and that seems to do the trick because she's back to her previous position in front of Lauren, their knees touching. "I'm 19, how about you?"

"Guess!" Camila says daringly.

"Guess? Seriously Camila," The brown eyed girl just raises her eyebrows mischievously and grins knowingly. "Fine, you seem to be younger than me, but not much. Are you 18?"

"I'm not old, like you!" Camila replies teasingly but Lauren knew she was joking so she took no offence.

"For the record, I'm not old. And I gues you're 17, kid." Lauren let's out mockingly which Camila rolled her eyes at in a sassy manner but really, she just looked plain adorable to the former.

"You could say that," Lauren wants to pull her hair at the younger girl's reply. Once again, not one for giving straight answers.

"Where really are your parents Camila?" Lauren asks but as soon as she sees the other girl's body stiffen she immediately regrets it. She couldn't help it, she hasn't conversed with anyone in so long and she guesses she got overly excited. Too excited she forgot her boundaries. "Sorry, you don't have the answer that."

"Right. Well I believe that there has been a lot of talking done between you and I, do you trust me enough?"

Lauren wants to laugh in her face because you don't trust someone over a conversation about their age. But Camila doesn't seem to get that because she's, different. Not that that was a problem for Lauren. "No?"