PART SEVEN

The next day, Nico awoke not to Will's adorable freckles but a gentle knock on the door.

"Are you two awake?" Persephone's soft voice floated through the door.

Nico shot up and whispered frantically at Will, "Will!"

His eyes fluttered open, he must've been a light sleeper, "What?" But he said it too loudly and Persephone thought he was asking her.

"Are you awake? Could I come in?"

Nico whispered again, "Will, get in my bed, now!"

"Oh oh okay." He shot up into Nico's bed and Nico threw the covers over him.

Nico wasn't comfortable with this arrangement but he had to keep up the act. "You can come in Persephone."

When she opened the door, Nico sat up and Will followed his suit, then threw his arms around him and hugged him from behind. Nico was surprised at how well bis body fit against his and how comfortabke he felt in his arms. This feeling brought along the sudden urge to push him away, but Persephone was there. He'd have to put up with it for now.

Persephone was smiling. "Well, look at rhe lovebirds early in the morning."

Nico felt the vibrations of Will laughing against his back, "Yes, I can't be so far apart from my darling."

Persephone nodded, "I see that."

Nico didn't want them to keep talking about that so he inturrupted, "So Persephone, what brings you here so early in the morning?"

Will chuckled, "It's ten jn the morning, cutie."

"As I said, early."

Persephone laughed too, "I'm sorry about that but your father wanted me to tell you that he wanted you to go out today. He feels bad for hogging you two the past week, especially when you two should be on your honeymoon."

"Uh, right. Thanks." Nico couldn't look her in the eyes all of a sudden.

She nodded again and then left the room, saying she didn't want to disturb the lovebirds any longer.

Nico sighed and shrugged off Will's arms. "That was unnecessary."

"You hired me to be your husband."

"I'm not paying you." Nico frowned.

Will looked away, and muttered, "Being with you is payment enough."

"Excuse me?" Nico wasn't sure he'd heard him right. He wasn't sure he was meant to either.

Will cleared his throat, "Nothing."

Nico decided that was a good enough answer and tried to forget what he had said.

"Then let's go. I can drop you off somewhere. And-" Nico moved to get off the bed.

"You're kidding right? You dragged me off here. I don't know anything about here or anyone! You can't just drop me off somewhere." Will followed him down from the bed. He sounded like he was half kidding but Nico wasn't so sure, he was getting real angry real fast. Nico figured he was finally done with his shit. Well good. That would make him want to be away from him.

Nico frowned. He was irritated too. "I've been stuck with you--"

"Again, you brought me here! Here I am, trying to help and you want to ditch me? You're a real asshole you know that, Nico di Angelo?"

He did know it but he just didn't care. "Then feel free to leave."

Will's face went blank. He turned around and grabbed his jacket. Nico realized he'd fallen asleep in his clothes from the night before. "I'll try not to get lost."

Then he walked out and Nico listened as he walked down the stairs and out the front door.

He actually left.

Nico didn't know what he would do now. His "husband" had left and he had no excuse for his father. His father whi was finally putting an effort to be there for his son who'd he ignored for more than half his life.

He decided to go out and try to figure it out by taking a walk at a park. Or maybe he would not come back and claim he was on his "honeymoon".

As he was getting dressed, continuing to ponder it, Hazel came in holding her phone. He was glad he was slipping om his shoes by that point. "Why did Will send me a text saying he would be back by seven and keep dad away from you guys?"

She then took notice of the lack of Will. Like it hadn't been obvious from that text. She probably thought he'd sent her thatvtext while he was still here and was planning on going somewhere with Nico to surprise Hades or whatnot. "Where's Will?"

"He left. I finally pissed him off." Nico stopped tying his shoes. "I'm sorry Hazel. I told you it wouldn't work out. You can't start a relationship with a drunk wedding and what could have been a one night stand. That only happens in the movies...not to me."

"Well he said he would be back."

"Maybe he sent it before I ticked him off." Nico shrugged but he knew that couldn't be the case, he would have noticed Will take out his phone and text Hazel.

She hook her head, knowing as well that that wasn't the case. "He'll be back. And I know its not real, but wait up for him okay? At the very least, he's your friend. He's helping isn't he?"

She had a point. A very irritating point. Nico sighed, "Fine. I'll leave now too. Can't have my dad finding out he left without me." He finished tying his shoes and stood, waving goodbye to Hazel and heading out.

For some reason, he was hoping to find Will waiting for him in Hades's car, which he had been borrowing since they got here, but he wasn't there. Nico frowned at himself for hoping that. There was no reason for him to hope that. But he couldn't help admitting to himself that he was grateful Will hadn't really left. He really owed the blond.

He suddenly regretted treated him so badly. He had helped him. Nico wasn't sure it was because he was just that nice or because he had a crush on him but he was thankful. He'd left behind his summer, when he would be continuing school in the fall and his best friends to help Nico on a whim. Nico wondered how he could have been so lucky to have married him. He could have drunk married Cecil or even Leo but it had been Will. He sent a silent thank you to the universe.

Maybe the universe really had a little more happiness planned for him.

Who knows, maybe it was Will.

A/N

Someone asked for an update and because I could, I did. Thank you for liking it ^-^