"Yeah," I nodded. "And after that, Sora..."

"Yeah, yeah," Axel nodded as he opened a door and gently pushed me inside. "Get some rest okay kiddo?"

As soon as he closed the door, I collapsed on the bed and fell asleep immediately.

*~*~*~*~*~

Axel gave me a tour of Castle Oblivion, introducing me to other residents of this castle; Vexen, Zexion, and Lexaeus. Vexen had shoulder-length, straight blonde hair with blue eyes and his eyes slightly bugged out. He resembled a mad scientist, almost. Zexion had short blue-black hair that covers one of his eyes with a fringed bang. Lexaeus is extremely tall and muscular with and has ginger and slicked back into messy spikes.

Aside from those three, Marluxia and Larxene didn't address me often, going about their business. Axel was the one who talked to me the most.out of everyone. Axel and I grew closer from acquaintances to friends. Good friends, if I'm being generous. There was something about him that I could feel like I can tell him anything and he wouldn't judge me or make a joke about it that we'd both have a good laugh at.

I came clean with Sora's journey with me on restoring worlds that have fallen to darkness, destroying Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, and defeating the Heartless. I also came clean of the fall out with Kairi. "So...you're basically saying that she's acting like a damsel in distress?" Axel restated.

"Yes, exactly!" I shook my head with agreement. We were sitting at a table next to each other, having a casual conversation. "It's I who've taken the first step in looking for our lost friends, Speaking of which, when can I go and see Sora? Haven't I recovered from my first trip through a Corridor of Darkness?"

"You really are ambitious, aren't you?" Axel laughed nervously as he ruffled my hair.

"Is there something more to why I can't see Sora?" I asked Axel. "Please be honest with me."

"Alright," Axel sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I can't open a Corridor of Darkness to Sora because I have to know the precise location where Sora is and seeing how fast your friend moves, he doesn't spend too much time in one spot. Before you ask 'why don't we take the stairs and wait on a floor for him', we can't, exactly. You see, Castle Oblivion is a bit of a funny place."

"How so?" I asked.

"Some of the floors shift positions," Axel explained. "The door you enter to the third floor from the second floor will take you to the first floor the next time you go through it."

"Why is it like that?" I said.

"I don't know." Axel shrugged. "Ask whoever designed this place."

"Who built it?" I continued.

"Nobody knows," Axel responded. "When we came here, whoever built this place was long gone. That's why we have you stay up here on the higher floors where the shifting of the floors isn't as bad as it is on the lower floors. It's easy for us to get lost down there and I want to keep your exposure from the Corridor of Darkness at a minimal. It's best if we wait for your friend to arrive."

"Oh...okay..." I sighed, dropping the subject once more reluctantly.

"...I know what to do to get your mind off Sora," Axel stood up from his chair.

"What?" I asked him, looking up from where I was sitting.

"It's a secret," Axel smiled. "Follow me."

*~*~*~*~*~

"...are you sure we're allowed in here?" I breathed in amazement as I circled in place at the room I was in. We were at the top floor, inside Marluxia's garden. There was a paved stone path for us to walk on. The garden had patches of grass but mostly were filled with a bunch of blooming pink roses. There was also a giant tree in the center of the garden with roses wrapping around its trunk and all the way up to its branches.