I gestured toward the chairs, "Have a seat." Moving around my desk, I quickly settled into the chair across from him. "How are you doing today?"

"I'm good; but before we get started, I need to confess something."

That caught me off guard. "Okay. What's on your mind?"

"Well, I just wanted to tell you that I am willing to do this, to play," he quickly added. "I'm just saying now, that I hope you can do this as quickly as possible, I say about a week of counseling should do it."

I chuckle softly, looking up at him. "Mr. Griffin, how many points do you average a game?"

He sits forward in his seat, an amused smile tugging on the corner of his lips.

"At least twenty five to thirty. Why?"

"Well, take those average points away from what your team usually scores altogether, and you tell me what I'm hinting at. Does your team need you?"

"Yes, they need me which is what I'm trying to tell you."

"Well, you let me do what I do best and you'll be out there before you know it. You have to take this seriously."

"What did he tell you?" He asks, his eyes searching my face as if it has the answer.

"Well, let's see what I have written down already," I open his folder, scanning through my notes.

"You've been drinking out of control, various women, there are accounts of you even smoking weed a couple of times." I look at him through my lashes.

"Yes, and I will admit that. I have been on the wild side lately, but when have you ever not heard of celebrities doing crazy stuff?"

"All the time, it's just this affects you differently. You are the face of a franchise, little kids look up to you."

"This has all been explained to me. I don't need to hear it again." He waves his hand at me, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms.

I take my pen in hand, jotting down a couple of things.

"You're married?" He asks, making my pen stop still in hand as I look at the wedding ring that I left on.

Damn, I forgot to take it off.

"No, I'm not." I sigh heavily, looking back up at him from my notes.

"Engaged then?"

"No I am not, but we are not here to focus on me we are focusing on you Mr. Griffin."

"You can call me Blake, if we're going to be seeing each other. I want us to think of this as we're friends. You are going to learn everything about me."

"I'm sorry, Mr.-"

"Blake." He insists.

"Blake, I'm sorry but this is strictly business."

"I'm just trying to take this seriously like you suggested earlier, and this makes me comfortable. If I felt that we were friends."

"Blake, can we just focus on you, okay? This appointment can't run over, you were late."

"Why can't it run over?" He asks.

I actually have to pick up Russell from school, and then hustle him off to basketball practice.

"You are a really curious man, why is that?" I rest my head on the top of my hand.

"I'm not, you're just," his eyes look me up and down. "Interesting. Let's go with that word."

"Been called many things, and I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or be offended."

"You can take it as a compliment, you're welcome. So will you answer my question?"

"About what?" I sigh, picking up my pen again.

"Will you treat me as if I'm a friend?" He shows off his perfect smile.

"You are, something else you know that? There are no words."

"Well, what can I say? I have always been pretty charming."

"Blake, this session didn't go how I wanted it at all in the least. I hope you are ready tomorrow." I give him a smile, shutting his file, and putting it in the pile with the others.

"We're done already?" He asks, perking up.

"Well, you were late. I have somewhere to be also."

"A date? Family?"

"Family." I say, standing and smoothing down my dress.

"Well then, I guess I'm being dismissed. I'll see you tomorrow Dr. Graham," he stands too, and I have to tilt my head up to look in his eyes.

"Yes, I will." He shakes my hand, releasing me and moving towards the door.

"You still never answered my question by the way, but I'll let it slide."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Thoughts? I appreciate it.

Vote//Comment

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️