Simple, Adorable Love (Pt. 2)

Most people would say in these type of situations that it seems that time tends to somehow go slow. That everything seems to suspend longer in the air when flying or when someones moving; it seems like it isn't moving in the some how normal way we see everyday life. It that is the strange thing. For Jade, she was watching the multitude of books fall towards her and the animal against her chest. She was feeling too many things at once. She didn't know if it was for how the animal looked like it was ready to protect her even though barking at the objects won't help. She just some how knew not to be afraid.

She didn't even feel the set of books that did hit her frame. Body automatically holding the small animal in fierce protection.

"Are you okay?" A voice cut through her languid mind, sounding pained and slightly winded as well.

It made her look up in surprise. Everything came rushing back to the female all at once. The sounds of the rest of the books falling or sliding against each other, the whimpering tanuki in her arms and the fact that she was looking up into the dark depths of Takeshi's eyes as they roamed over her in concern and worry.

When did he get there?

Nothing seemed to matter at that moment. The host was currently holding up the bookshelf with the strength of his arms and back. Both arms planted on the sides of her abdomen while she was laying down and it was a few more minutes that it clicked that she should move and help him.

"O-Oh my gosh. I'm so.. Hold on I'll help!"

He only grunted in reply.

She proceeded to scoot from under him quickly and place the raccoon dog down, giving the small animal a firm look and a "Stay" before she began to quickly began to lift the book shelf as much as possible. Struggling was an understatement but she managed to move it a bit upwards. She heard shuffling and when she didn't see anymore uniform under the object she jumped back and let it fall to the ground with a loud obnoxious thud.

The female turned around saw that he was still looking at her; even though she was looking down at him at this point. The worry and concern was heavy in his look but something else she couldn't quite place in the sea of emotions was there and it confused her.

"..Thanks." His voice seemed much more alive than usual (against his monotone voice that was equally appealing). He sat on the floor slowly breathing, closing his eyes against the pain.

She just nodded jerkily and picked up the surprisingly quiet animal again. At that the dog went to gently lick at the top of her palm and whimper towards the male on the floor. Her sluggish brain began to work into overdrive now.

She grabbed his hand and said simply, "You need to see the nurse..."

He graced her with a soft smile and nod while he slowly got up and stayed slightly hunched over. The other couldn't imagine how much pain he must be actually in since you can't really read it on his face. She offered her shoulder to him as the two of them slowly made their way towards the closest nurse. No words were exchanged. Even though the male knew that she wanted to say something but was just grateful that she could read the mood and not say anything just yet. She was enjoying the closeness that he seemed to take from her as they moved into the dead halls of the school.

Only reason being dead because the Host activities must be still going on and this floor is only used when the others are too crowded to be in. The soft glow of the sun grazed against the colored walls. It shined on pictures and trophies or signs that hung undisturbed. Once the nurses office got into view, Jade immediately opened the door and was about to call for the nurse but stopped.