I kissed my mom good bye and got on my bike and headed to the high school.

When I walked into the school few kids were there. I might have came a little bit earlier then I usually do. I grabbed my books and pulled out my phone and waited for her to walk through the doors.

20 minutes had passed and if I didn't leave now I would be late. I put my phone in my pocket and headed to class. Where the hell was she?

I got in class late and I got detention after school. That's just great and my mom was going to kill me but before they could call my mom I lead them out of it with my words. You know the I promise I'll do better next time and everyone makes mistakes lines.

It was now lunch and I still haven't seen her. Not even in the hall. Maybe she wasn't here.

I walked into the cafeteria and to the line. I sat down next to cody and I noticed Dream and Dream's brother weren't at the table today. I looked around and saw no sign of them. Then I saw Dream walk into the cafeteria room and head to the line.

"I'll be back." I told Cody and walked over to Dream.

She turned around and bumped into me.
I grabbed a package with a sandwich in it. She was holding two other sandwiches.

"Sorry, Hunter....umm thanks." She said before grabbing it out of my hand heading out the doors of the cafeteria. I went after her. I stood in front her blocking her from walking away.

"What's with the three sandwiches Dream?"

"Well...I'm a hungry girl today."

"Why are you leaving the cafeteria? Where are you eating?"

"I'm going to my house for my lunch break."

"Well than...have fun."

She smiled a nervous smile and left to the front doors of the school. I waited until she was out the door until following behind. I saw her going to the back of the school where the court yard is.

I stopped at the corner of the school peeked and saw Dream sit down beside her brother and Sophia.

"Thanks Dream." Sophia said to Dream. She smiled in return.

She was here and she's right in front of my eyes but she didn't want to see me. She avoided me. All I wanted to know was why?

"Did he get suspicious?" Sophia asked her.

"Yeah, but I think he believed my excuse."

She nodded and looked down at her sandwich. I couldn't take it anymore. I can tell she didn't like avoiding me then why the hell is she doing it. I don't understand what I did wrong.

I sighed and walked up to her. She stood up out of shock. She looked at Dream and glares and Dream shrugged and mouthed "sorry"

Then she looked at me and we stood like that for a while. No body moved and we just stared at each other.

Dream and Anthony walked away and I could hear Dream whisper to Anthony to give us some space.

"Why? Why are you ignoring me. I tried to see you at the hospital and you say you don't want to see me and that you're sorry."

"I know." That was all she said.

I sighed, "Please tell me why, Sophia."

She looked at me before I saw her eyes water and she said, "I can't."

"You can't what?"

"I can't have you in my life. My past is something you shouldn't have to deal with. You shouldn't have to deal with me or worry about me. I need to let you go do whatever you want and not be in all my shit."

I stood there. I looked at her as a tear went down her left cheek.

She was letting me go. Was she really not going to let me help her? I can't believe that she thinks I don't want to deal with her and her past.

I stepped closer to her, "I don't give a damn about your past and I will never stop worrying about you."

More tears came from her eyes and I wiped them away just as fast as they came.

"I need you to go and forget about me."

I leaned my forehead against hers and whispered, "I could never forget you. You'll have a hard time pushing me away because I'm not going anywhere."

She looked at me and her soft hand touched my cheek wiping away a single tear that had escaped. I didn't even noticed my eyes watering.

I looked down at her lips and when I looked back up at her she was looking at mine. I smiled and when she looked, I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into a kiss.

I kissed her with a great amount of passion and just to tell her how much she needed to know that I won't just walk away.

She kissed back and our lips moved together in a slow passionate kiss.

I smiled against her lips and I pulled her closer by her waist. Once we pulled away I kissed the last tear that came down her cheek away.

"I was in the hospital because of my parents."

"Wait, what are you talking about?"

She sighed and sat down her leaned back against the gate and I sat next to her.

She told me about her parents that night and how they would abuse her and how she moved in with her aunt and uncle about three years ago. They went to jail and they got out but they weren't aloud to see her. They weren't aloud near her but they got drunk and messed up and that happened on Friday night.

I held her close as she cried. It killed me seeing her like this. I rubbed her back as she cried on my shoulder.

Once she stopped crying we only had five more minutes left of lunch.

She looked at me and pecked my lips and when she pulled back she said, "Thank you Hunter."

I smiled at her and kissed her again but longer this time.

I hope you like this chapter. It's the longest chapter I wrote in this story so far. Let me know if you like it so far. I already am in the middle of writing chapter 21 and editing chapter 20!!!

Song title - scars by James bay