Uncanny Love part 3

Maverick watched as Nyra walked away to her cabin and he slumped to the ground.
"I'm such a fool. We just met and I couldn't even retain the smallest shred of self control to keep myself from kissing her!"
He hugged his knees and he began to cry softly. After a while he got up and walked back to camp, his head bowed dejectedly. He walked into the honorary cabin built for his mother and he curled up in his bed, only having enough strength and will power to remove his boots. He unzipped his hoodie, crumpled it in a ball and tossed it to the other side of the cabin.
"That Jacket is just like me." He thought to himself rhetorically. He whimpered like a hurt animal and he did something he rarely ever did. Since his mother only conceived him to make Zeus Jealous and angry he very rarely talked to her. But he needed divine intervention to save himself from the clutches of depression. So he prayed to his mother for guidance in what to do in order to repair his relationship with Nyra. She spoke to him kindly, as she always did.
"Mav? Is that you? Son! How come you never call anymore."
"Mom! I don't have time for small talk. I need your help."
"What do you need from me?"
"How can I get a girl to notice me romantically?" He looked at his mother's figure before him sadly.
"Did you rush it Maverick?"
"Yes mama....like I always do."
She hugged him, cradling him the way she used to when he was but 7 years of age. He kissed her cheek and sighed.
"I kissed her, on the lips, only hours after we met."
"You must really like this girl Maverick. She's the first one you've fallen for this bad. My advice to you is to apologize and then avoid her at all costs. Make it completely obvious that you're avoiding her and see how she reacts. Only then will you see how much she values you." She smiled and patted his spiky haired head before disappearing. Mav reflected on her words and he decided it was worth a shot. He walked up to Nyra the next day and he apologized.
"I'm sorry about what happened yesterday and I know that you're mad. I just want you to know that I have always been a passionate person and sometimes my heart tells me to do idiotic things. I hope you accept my humble apology and I also hope that maybe the feeling is mutual between us." And with that he walked away and began avoiding her. Week after week whenever he came within close proximity to her he turned the other direction. He avoided all contact with her until she approached him.
"Maverick Versai why are you avoiding me?
" What do you mean?"
"You're avoiding me! I can tell! Well if you hate me so much why not say it!
" I don't hate you! To be honest I'm completely in love with you. But I know that the feeling isn't mutual so I stopped seeing you so that neither if us would be hurt." Nyra touched his shoulder.
"Mav I like you....I really do. But I'm not supposed to form relationships. I'll get in trouble if I do!" Mav looked at her and his once angry expression softened.
"One date is all I ask Nyra...and if I mess it up than you never have to talk to me again." Nyra looked at him as if contemplating it. She sighed and looked at him.
"One date! And if you screw up don't expect a second chance." Mav's face lit up and fireworks went off in his mind. He hugged Nyra tightly but then realized what he was doing. Before he could let go he felt Nyra hug him back. Mav hugged Nyra close and their eyes met. Mav's face inched closer to Nyras and surprisingly, Nyras face came closer to Mav's. When their noses touched Mav decided to go big or go home. He pulled Nyra into a tender kiss. He was lost in his own thoughts as the feeling of her lips on his sent shockwaves through his mind. He was soon pulled out of his daydream when he realized that Nyra wasn't trying to pull away. In fact he felt her kissing him back.
(That's it for Chapter 3 guys and gals. If you like the story vote it and maybe give me a follow or leave me a comment. Bai!)