chapter 1

Hi guys. The prologue took place in the year 1861. 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************8\

                                                                       Present day 2011

I looked over at the clock on the nightstand next to my bed. It said it was 330 in the morning. I sighed and climbed out of bed. Even though vampires don't sleep I still like to lie down and relax for a while. I walked into the bathroom of the small hotel I was staying in. I looked in the mirror, and saw that my eyes were turning a deeper red than usual. Great, just great. I was going to have to find something, or someone, I should say. That was going to be hard in a small town like Forks. I sighed again and tied my long, dark hair up in a bun. I changed into a pair of black yoga pants and a dark gray tank top. Sure, Forks was always cold and rainy but vampires don't have a sense of temperature. I pulled a dark gray fleese over my tank top and ran down stairs. Once I was outside the small motel, I made sure nobody was around before I ran through the streets and alleys trying to find someone to eat. I stopped when I found a guy doing drugs in a dark alley. Drug addicts and drunks weren't my favorite to eat, as the drugs and luiquer tainted the bloods natural taste, but I have to eat. I focused on my prey and let instincts take over. I made myself look as small as possible and lunged at him. I grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him up off the ground. I could hear him wimpering and crying. He was making me feel bad, and if he had a life other than doing drugs I would have let him go, but since he didn't, I sank my teeth into his neck before he could let out a scream. As soon as he was drained of blood, I threw his body to the ground. Humans drained too quickly for my taste. I grabbed the body and started running towards the beach. This was my least favorite part of being a vampire, I had to get rid of the bodies. When I got to the beach, I dove in the water, Body in hand. I swam until I found a large rock that should keep the body from surfacing. I picked up the rock, stuffed the body under it ans put the rock back. then I swam back to land. When I walked on the beach I realized I was soaking wet. I looked at the sky and saw that the sun wasn't even up yet. I was guessing it was about 4 a.m., so I ran to the closest mall. Luckily for me, all the stores were closed so I snuck into the Target store. I ran to the juniors section and grabbed a buch of skinny jeans, a jacket, and some tee shirts. I was going to need some new shoes too, so I put my clothes in a bag and ran to the shoe store in the mall. I grabbed a couple pairs of boots and sneakers and decided it was time to leave. By the time I got back to the hotel, it was 730. I walked up to my room, took a shower, put on some of my new clothes, and decided to take a walk in the woods at the edge of Forks.